• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NOOOOO nesting :/ HELP

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
ok after faffing and sorting jays hutch to make it ok to use for a few days (till the 31st to get paid. checked on ruby who has made another nest :/
its been well over 30 days since jay was seperated from her the babies are 6 weeks old 1 day so theres no possibility shes pregnant..
could it be a phantom?

should i be worried what happens with phantoms??

Last edited:
Daisy had a few phantoms until she was spayed! She was a busy little bee bustling around making her nests! It was horrible to see the fur pulling though! She made one nest in the litter tray :roll: then she went for a modern des res nest upstairs on the landing under an old blanket. She had to hop up the stairs a couple of times a day to feed her phantom babies :love: then after the hormones died down after several days she would just abandon her nest and I could clear up!

This is her feeding her phantom babies under the blanket..

FeedingPhantomBabies.jpg

Iisexhausted2.jpg

Big pile of fur under the blanket nest...
MyNest.jpg

I know babies can be a few days late arriving, but if they've been seperated for 6 weeks then no she can't be pregnant. I think you just have to let it run its course and not disturb the nest she has made. I would also just keep a close eye on her to make sure she doesn't turn aggressive towards the babies - she may want them out of the way so she can concentrate on her 'new' babies?:?

Good luck, hope Ruby is ok

Going off subject, sorry :oops: but that is quite possibly the cutest photo I have ever seen :shock::love:

I know babies can be a few days late arriving, but if they've been seperated for 6 weeks then no she can't be pregnant. I think you just have to let it run its course and not disturb the nest she has made. I would also just keep a close eye on her to make sure she doesn't turn aggressive towards the babies - she may want them out of the way so she can concentrate on her 'new' babies?:?

Good luck, hope Ruby is ok

Going off subject, sorry :oops: but that is quite possibly the cutest photo I have ever seen :shock::love:

ISN'T IT?? :love:

I know :love: She sat like this when she was in phantom labor and let me give her some nose rubs :love::love: She would have made a lovely mummy!

Beautiful Daisy what a lovely pic :love::love:

I hope that everything works out maybe it is just a little hormone stir and will settle down soon. xx

im extremely confused here :oops: if you seperated them 6 weeks ago when the last litter were born theres no chance she is pregnant however n your other thread it says shes due babies in a week :?

im guessing she has had contact with the buck within this 6 weeks or you wouldnt be presuming shes due babies in a weeks time :?

honestly if i have it wrong please correct me im just confused lol

Back