• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch now make 6 x 3 x 3 hutches

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:D:D:D

I found this last night whilst browsing the web (like you do when RU is down :lol::lol:)

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=164

No picture of them unfortunately but 6 x 2.5 x 2.5 to 6. x 3 x 3 available.

Brilliant news. I hope they sell loads and others start making that size too.

I've been wanting to buy something like this from a 'mainstream' hutch manufacturer, ie at a sensible price, but haven't been able to find any until now. The Rabbit Hutch Company seem to have had something like a 50% price hike in the last month. :shock::shock:

So this is a really good find :D:D:D:D

How good is the quality- i know the rabbit hutch shop use staples to put together which is not good in my view. Are happy hutch the same?

For the price compared to other hutches I think the quality is very good.

We had to refelt the roof last year and the wood would probably be in better condition if we looked after it properly :oops:, but I do think these are some of the best hutches available.

That's good to know - I hope they sell well too and they stop making the smaller sizes. :thumb:

I bought a Happy Hutch about 3 years ago, so things might have changed (or they might not) but I think, for the price, they're very good value - the wood is a lot stronger than many of the softwood hutches you see on Ebay or the very thin stuff that Pets at Home seem to use.

Thanksies all.

For the price compared to other hutches I think the quality is very good.

We had to refelt the roof last year and the wood would probably be in better condition if we looked after it properly :oops:, but I do think these are some of the best hutches available.

That's good to know - I hope they sell well too and they stop making the smaller sizes. :thumb:

I bought a Happy Hutch about 3 years ago, so things might have changed (or they might not) but I think, for the price, they're very good value - the wood is a lot stronger than many of the softwood hutches you see on Ebay or the very thin stuff that Pets at Home seem to use.

Yeah, it would be great if people could start to see the 6x2x2 as standard and the 6x3x3 as large.

I haven't found there is much to choose between Happy Hutch and The Rabbit Hutch Company hutches except my HH was plywood and I thought everybody else's was :roll::lol: I'd prefer the back to be T&G which the HH hutch is, I'd also prefer the middle panel to be a door which the HH hutch is. The divider on the RHS hutch was better made.

I did buy some Rabbit Shack, Chinese fir hutches as back up for fostering (as they were a bargain) and though they look good I'd really not like to use them outside an aviary if predators were about - nor in the very cold months.

My plywood HH hutch is in reasonable condition after about 4 years intermittant use.

I'm still torn between buying a HH hutch and making my own but I do want T&G and I'd have to work out if I can cope with that.:oops::oops: I always end up making loads of alterations anyway so I might be better starting from scratch.

The space I want to put the hutch in is at the side of the house - 6ft 6" wide so a 2.5ft hutch might be better than 3ft... I'm probably better doing a bespoke 8ft x 2.5ft...... in the lifetime of the bunnies, hopefully :lol:

I haven't found there is much to choose between Happy Hutch and The Rabbit Hutch Company hutches except my HH was plywood and I thought everybody else's was :roll::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree the HH divider was/is pretty pants too.

I'm sure if you're handy enough to be considering making your own hutch then T&G shouldn't be too much of an extra challenge - I think the only real difference is that, for each panel, you would make a frame and then nail the T&G to it rather than just cutting a sheet of wood to to size....

... see how I made that sound like a walk in the park? (says she who hasn't used a hammer in her life :oops:)

I'm thinking of getting a HH 6x2x2 combo with extension for Bluebell and Willow, just waiting on a quote to make the run 2ft instead of 20".

Does anyone have a 20" version, is it high enough or worth paying extra for the 4".

My run was 20" and was high enough, but my two are mini lops, so only small. It's probably worth getting the extra height for bigger buns. :)

Back