• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for merlin still please..going back to vets U/D ...

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
poor little guy hasnt improved much in fact hes going backwards..the pain in his abdomens really bad...so tender to touch.

the vets are great and have worked so hard to diagnose and find a suitable treatment..but its not well documented..and even john chitty and richard saunders couldnt really make a guess at his condition..panniculitis is documented in dogs and cats...bunnies are a different bunch.

hes having metacam..have given him a dose in morning and one at night...metaclopramide..and zantac syrup....have tried to syringe feed him tonight..he only swallowed a small amount...but i got 20ml feed all over everything else inc me.

hes pooping smaller and smaller...and hes nibbling teeny bits of hay and a few pellets of ss.

sigh.....poor merlin....:(

i hope they can get to the bottom of this...and soon....im scared i will lose him otherwise.....or i knowingly keeping him in pain...despite the meds.:(

Last edited:
thank you both so much xx

the vet thinks he may have a sore mouth from the dental...i had my darling bif get that a few times.
Hes stressed from being so ill and hospitalised then improving and having a needed dental...the GA effects slower to leave his sytem maybe....
Hes got the pain in the necrotic fatty tissue mass..but one side is worse..

he had some jabs of pain meds again.....and they gave him a small syringe feed.

he seems to be picking up..has nommed some ss not much..but something...and a piece of nana...few strands of hay........

ooh as i was typing hes scoffed a small amount of SS.....and now hes having a drink.

dylan kitty got in his cage with him earlier for a sniffy noses session and dylan was eating a strand of hay..merlin did too.....and dylan got out...merlin pottered around for a while before snoozing a while.

the vet said keep his meds fibreplex and a feed to twice a day....hah i said..hes fighting a feed at all..hmm but hes sat at the vets happily taking a feed!! little flirt:lol:

i know hes not well yet..but fingers crossed he carries on improving...

So pleased he's a little better :) Lots of vibes for Merlin improving more today and really hope you get some answers soon.

Come on Merlin, eat up!xxx

thank you all so much..from myself...and merlin:love:

hes not 100% but hes showing interest when he hears the SS being put in the other buns bowl..and is dancing when it gets to his. I stopped the greens etc...they must have caused gas build up....poos were tiny again.....but more hay and more hay..hes pooping...not as much as id like but still pretty good....and a normal colour..not pitch black:shock:

have decided hes very lonely..missing bertie even tho he sniffs him through the pen panels several times a day.

i am going to get nikkis room done so she can finally be moved back upstairs..and merlin goes with..let him settle..then look for a wifey for him...one as small as him tho.....or smaller! less fur to ingest.

merlin was filling up on just the greens so now hes on ss and three diff types of hay and even some strands of straw.......his tummys working better...he seems interested in life again.....will let him have teeny amounts of veggies from today....

hes a real sweetheart......so gentle and loves nosey rubs for hours at a time if a hoomin could last that long:lol:
but im sad because he no longer trusts me...our relationships gone:( but maybe when hes back on his turf with nikki he may relax quicker..and let me rub that soft little nose for ages:love:

So pleased Merlin is doing better :D I really hope in time that you can strengthen your bond with him again xx

thank you....were happy hes getting so much better too:wave:

i really hope he lets me back in....hes so funny and cute running around.....

Back