• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How would you go about....attaching an exterior run to a brick shed?

zayna1

Warren Scout
:D so my 2 buns are in a brick shed atm, with a cat-flap hole built in the side, so they can come in and out during the day, into an enclosed area of the garden. However, the area they have is made of concrete, so they don't get much 'grass time' because they get really upset when I have to pick them up and move their playpen around...My dad is going to build a really long run for them, so it's going to be long and rectangular, but still around 4ft wide. But how would I go about attaching the run to the shed? See the run won't be touching the shed, it'll be on grass, on the other side of the garden (it's in a sort of awkward place) I was thinking of a large plastic tunnel thing going between their shed and the run, but I was worried because they aren't clear, the buns might try and squeeze in together, or go through opposite sides and get stuck :roll: Any suggestions? Thanks :)

:D so my 2 buns are in a brick shed atm, with a cat-flap hole built in the side, so they can come in and out during the day, into an enclosed area of the garden. However, the area they have is made of concrete, so they don't get much 'grass time' because they get really upset when I have to pick them up and move their playpen around...My dad is going to build a really long run for them, so it's going to be long and rectangular, but still around 4ft wide. But how would I go about attaching the run to the shed? See the run won't be touching the shed, it'll be on grass, on the other side of the garden (it's in a sort of awkward place) I was thinking of a large plastic tunnel thing going between their shed and the run, but I was worried because they aren't clear, the buns might try and squeeze in together, or go through opposite sides and get stuck :roll: Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Make a tunnel, :)
make a long cuboid with a wide width so both buns can go into the run together side by side.
Cover the cuboid with mesh of course, it will be a mini run leading into a big run :D

Oh, there was someone on here that had an underground tunnel linking the shed & run. But that would maybe be a pain if bun stayed in the tunnel when you wanted to get them!

see thats the thing...my dad wouldn't agree to that, as it would need to be able to be folded or made smaller to store away when the buns aren't using it :S

Back