• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered boy humping?

Emmz

Alpha Buck
So my Terry was neutered over 6 weeks ago, and now I've been introducing him to Pomme. They get on well as they have sometimes had supervised playtimes (as she was too young to have babies back then) so today I've just been having them both in the same cage (which had a new floor and toys, so is pretty neutral) for a while to see what happens.

Terry after about half an hour started humping her. Is it just to show dominance as I assumed when neutered they wouldn't even do it for that? Just wondered if someone could let me know as it makes me paranoid that the neuter was never done right or something. Thanks. :wave:

That makes me feel a little less worried lol. So I should just leave him to it? I am being one of those newbies at introductions and trying not to jump the gun and separate them over nothing.

He's just usually such a well behaved little softie that it's weird seeing him hump her. :lol:

Back