• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Bunnies Used to the Outside

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
Hi, I have 2 rabbits Bill and Jack and they live in a shed right now. They have been in there since late September as their run isn't attached to the shed. Bill loves to go out and run in the yard supervised but Jack is too nervous as I have only had him since August.

When it gets warmer I will be moving them into a dog enclosure. Bill has lived in this for 4 years each spring/summer. There is a hutch inside for him to go into and space to run when I'm not home.

For Jack this will all be new. I've started them going out in it for a few hours a day and then back in the shed, now that it's getting warmer.

Jack is not doing very well with it all. He won't eat or go to the bathroom out there. I've made his side of the dog pen more private by hanging up rattan mats and it does have a cedar roof.

Has anyone else experienced this?

My other rabbit has no problems as this is normal for him. I thought having Bill next to Jack in the shed would calm Jack down. But he still seems scared. The shed is divided in half.

Thanks,
Lynn:wave:

Put food in the garden for him to eat after he's finished he might go exploring as he'd notice there's no danger in the garden.
Then scatter pellets across the garden, this encourages him when hrs eating supervise from far away.

Back