• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

10 Baby Budgies *UPDATE 18/04/11* Pg14

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
Hey Ru'ers!

Spring has sprung and the aviary birds have been busy :shock:
We provide them with nestpans/nest boxes and let them do their own thing :)

The canaries havent started nesting yet but the budgies started a little early.
The Budgies belong to me, i have Charlie & Sunny the boys and Belle and Violet the girls.

Belle and Charlie
IMGP0789.jpg

Egg 1 – 07 March 2011
Egg 2 – 08 March 2011
Egg 3 – 10 March 2011
Egg 4 – 12 March 2011
Egg 5 – 14 March 2011
Egg 6 – 16 March 2011

IMGP2694.jpg

Chick 1 – 26th March 2011
IMGP2930edit1.jpg

Chick 2 – 27th March 2011
IMGP2948edit.jpg

Chick 3 – 29th March 2011
IMGP2953edit.jpg

Chick 4 – 30th March 2011
IMGP2957edit.jpg

Chick 5 – 2nd March 2011
IMGP2970edit.jpg

Chick 6 –

Violet and Sunny
IMGP0701edit.jpg

Egg 1 – 08 March 2011
Egg 2 – 10 March 2011
Egg 3 – 12 March 2011
Egg 4 – 14 March 2011
Egg 5 – 16 March 2011

Chick 1 – 28th March 2011
IMGP2949dit.jpg

Chick 2 – 29th March 2011
IMGP2952edit.jpg

Chick 3 – 30th March 2011
IMGP2956edit.jpg

Chick 4 – 31st March 2011
IMGP2959edit.jpg

Chick 5 – 1st April 2011 (1 Chick is hiding in photo)
IMGP2961edit.jpg

Please note that i do not sell my birds, but may rehome them to friends/family if need be.
They are in a large aviary with plenty of space, they are only doing what comes naturally to them :) If the nest boxes werent there then they would lay the eggs on the floor.
After this clutch i will be taking away nestboxes and anymore eggs to prevent anymore babies this year :) We dont want too many now, do we :lol:

I will update this thread with anymore chicks that hatch and their progress, for those interested in seeing them grow :love:

Last edited:
How cute yet ugly they are as babies :love:

They look so funny!

I bet it is so nice to watch them grow from naked babies to proper little birdies!

Congrats! :wave: xx

It's a shame you're not nearer as we're wanting another boy budgie (a trio means someone always gets left out!). Hope all continues to go well.

Oh my goodness, how fascinating are they, and how handsome/pretty the mums and dads. Will look out for updates. How long do they take to grow up?

How cute yet ugly they are as babies :love:

They look so funny!

I bet it is so nice to watch them grow from naked babies to proper little birdies!

I know! They are cute because they are ugly! :oops: :lol::lol: :love:

Ive had 1 other chick before but sadly it didnt make it, so hopefully i will get to watch these two grow up :love:

Congrats! :wave: xx

It's a shame you're not nearer as we're wanting another boy budgie (a trio means someone always gets left out!). Hope all continues to go well.

Oh thats a shame! I agree... you do need even numbers ;) and thank you :)

Oh my goodness, how fascinating are they, and how handsome/pretty the mums and dads. Will look out for updates. How long do they take to grow up?

Thank you, It takes about a month for them to become fully feathered :wave:

Oh they are sweet! I have a huge soft spot for budgies. I had one as a teenager called Joey he was blue. Sadly he died because he was old when we got him. He gave me endless hours of fun.

I'd love some but my OH isn't keen, probably for the best for now! Keep us posted on the babes! Would love to see a weekly progression if you have time! xx

Very cute! I love baby boids. :love::love:
My budgies had babies a couple of years. They all stayed with me because I couldn't bear to rehome them :oops:

Oh they are sweet! I have a huge soft spot for budgies. I had one as a teenager called Joey he was blue. Sadly he died because he was old when we got him. He gave me endless hours of fun.

I'd love some but my OH isn't keen, probably for the best for now! Keep us posted on the babes! Would love to see a weekly progression if you have time! xx

Weekly?!? Would you not like daily? :oops: :lol::lol: ;)
Ill be checking them everyday so will update every couple of days with photos to show how much they are growing! :love:
I cant wait to see what colours they turn out to be :D :love:

So excited :oops: :lol:

I think we need daily updates, or as close to that as you can manage. :D If it only takes a month for them to be fully feathered we would miss too much with weekly updates. When I was a child our neighbours had a beautiful green budgie called Stevie, and he spent a week with us in the summer when they were on holiday. I've gone all nostalgic now! :oops:

I think we need daily updates, or as close to that as you can manage. :D If it only takes a month for them to be fully feathered we would miss too much with weekly updates. When I was a child our neighbours had a beautiful green budgie called Stevie, and he spent a week with us in the summer when they were on holiday. I've gone all nostalgic now! :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: Ill see what i can do ;) :love:

oooooh congratulations :D

i'm not very good with budgie genetics but i want to guess at the outcome :D

pair 1 will be all blue offspring. you will defo get some dom pieds - i luuurve pied budgies :love: and some opalines. couldn't guess anything else, don't know what they are split for.

pair 2 - that will be the exciting match ;) so many possibilities :D will either be 100% green or 50/50 green and blue if sunny is split for blue. if violet is split for pied you'll get some rec pied in there too.

sure i have missed some possibilities out, but am i right?
or do you not know either :lol:

can't wait to see the rest of your hatchlings arriving :D

I'll follow updates... be lovely to see them progress. :love: xx

Am loving having budgies again - hadn't realised how much I missed them tbh. They are so full of character! :D

oooooh congratulations :D

i'm not very good with budgie genetics but i want to guess at the outcome :D

pair 1 will be all blue offspring. you will defo get some dom pieds - i luuurve pied budgies :love: and some opalines. couldn't guess anything else, don't know what they are split for.

pair 2 - that will be the exciting match ;) so many possibilities :D will either be 100% green or 50/50 green and blue if sunny is split for blue. if violet is split for pied you'll get some rec pied in there too.

sure i have missed some possibilities out, but am i right?
or do you not know either :lol:

can't wait to see the rest of your hatchlings arriving :D

:shock::shock: :lol:

I dont really know about genetics :oops: I like surprises :lol::lol:
I did read up on genetics etc but it just wont stick in my head :roll: :lol:

But we'll see if your right :D Id love a yellow/green budgie from Sunny&Violet :D

:love::love::love: I love baby birds, they change so quickly. :love:

We used to have canaries many years ago. The female, Dot, laid eggs but only one hatched. He must have been a little squished or laid awkwardly in the nest as one of his legs was deformed - it didn't hold him back though and he lived a long and happy life in our friend's aviary. :love:

Sunny & Violet Chick#1 has hatched!! Not long ago either!

IMGP2949dit.jpg

And Charlie & Belle's chicks today:

IMGP2951edit.jpg

Im soo excited!! :love::love:

Updated first post :thumb:

:love::love::love: I love baby birds, they change so quickly. :love:

We used to have canaries many years ago. The female, Dot, laid eggs but only one hatched. He must have been a little squished or laid awkwardly in the nest as one of his legs was deformed - it didn't hold him back though and he lived a long and happy life in our friend's aviary. :love:

Aww, they are so delicate when in the nest, we usually hand rear our canaries once they get abit bigger, because they usually move around too much and fall out the nests :roll: :lol:

Back