• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

9 Rabbits

FarplaceRescue

Alpha Buck
I have just taken in nine rabbits from a family of :censored: :censored:
None neutered. None vaccinated. The two very fluffy lionhead-type girls have dirty bottoms. One little doe was running with a buck. I have seperated them, but she's bound to be pregnant. She had no bedding in her hutch. One little male had been attacked by a dog but his bites are healing (they have been putting sudocrem on his bites)....
The others seem healthy enough. All need their nails clipping.
One of them had hay in his bed - 8 had no hay at all (I was told they usually just get the WAGG mixed food... They dont give them hay because they only eat it.!!!:roll:)
They now have lots of hay, fresh water, a little of their usual food.
Vet is coming out next week to start the vaccination process. Pictures to follow later.

Last edited:
Oh dear :( Some people :censored: I hope they will all be ok and looking forward to pics :wave:

When will it end.

I wonder how many people that make laws about animals really know the true depth of the problem in this country - not just rabbits but all animals.

Soon enough there will be a mega crisis in the UK and someone will have to make changes to stop owners from being able to let this happen.

I do hope that despite your having to take them in from such a bad situation that things won't be too bad.

Ok here's the pictures I promised Sorry the pics are not good, but the rabbits were scared and I didnt want to distress them further:

Most of the "hutches" in the picture are what came with the rabbits. A couple of the (bigger) ones, are my own, used mostly for hedgehogs.

This is Towie, the pregnant doe. Scared and alone in her hutch after I moved her mate out. You can see she had no bedding, just sawdust.

Theodore - one of the boys.

Spain - a male. no bedding, not even sawdust.

this is a little doe they just called "Rabbit"

A male called George:

Fluffy (brown) and Blackjack (black), two longer-haired lionhead-type girls with dirty bottoms. (Now clean and Rear-Guarded)

A little buck called Balloon. he had been attacked by a dog, but is healing. he came in a wire and plastic indoor "hutch" that he could hardly turn around in. However, he did have hay. Unlike the others.

A scared little girl called Bunny.

None of these animals are neutered or vaccinated. I got a grand total of £40 donation "to cover the vet costs", plus half a bag of WAGG rabbit mix.

Vaccinations start early next week.... does anyone know if it is safe to vaccinate a pregnant doe??

Last edited:
Poor rabbits :( Thank God you have them now.

In answer to your question, our vet would not vaccinate a pregnant doe x

I have just taken in nine rabbits from a family of :censored: :censored:
None neutered. None vaccinated. The two very fluffy lionhead-type girls have dirty bottoms. One little doe was running with a buck. I have seperated them, but she's bound to be pregnant. She had no bedding in her hutch. One little male had been attacked by a dog but his bites are healing (they have been putting sudocrem on his bites)....
The others seem healthy enough. All need their nails clipping.
One of them had hay in his bed - 8 had no hay at all (I was told they usually just get the WAGG mixed food... They dont give them hay because they only eat it.!!!:roll:)
They now have lots of hay, fresh water, a little of their usual food.
Vet is coming out next week to start the vaccination process. Pictures to follow later.

I actually have no words. :shock: what were they hoping they'd do with it?!

Hope they all start to feel better and settle now that they are warm and have lots of hay to nom.

:shock::shock: Poor little souls :( glad you've got them.The pregnant female can be vaccinated after the little ones arrive [we will of course need regular pictures of the babies :love:]

Back