• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do your rabbits weigh?

melaniejb

Mama Doe
I was a bit shocked yesterday to find out that Poppy has put on more weight! I haven't changed their diet, she gets the same amount of exercise, Albert hasn't put on/lost any weight...eeek! Perhaps she is just unlucky to have been hit by the fat fairy's wand, like her mummy!

Albert is a dwarf lop and he weighs 2.1kg
Poppy is a netherland dwarf crossed with a dwarf lop and weighs 2.7kg - clearly she has inherited none of the 'dwarf' genes from either of her parents!!!!

Sebastian 1.5kg
Mae 1.14ishkg :(

Both Nethies, Sebastian is a good weight for his build, Mae is underweight, she should weigh 1.3kg but Ive really struggled to get her to that weight and now she is loosing more weight :roll:

My nethies weigh 1.2 and 1.4 kg, my dutch is 2.3 kg and Pippin, who is a medium bun is around the same at 2.3 kg.
I think mine are a touch overweight, so i'll start to reduce the pellets now it's getting warmer.
Daisy (dutch) was called' Reubenesque' by the vet, but she's just cuddly! She's a very 'solid' bunny actually and doesn't look fat, but is certainly a little bigger than she should be., bless her!

I'm not sure, how would you weigh a bun (P.S. They are always moving! :roll:)

Mine only ever get weighed at the vets when they go for their jabs, so twice a year. Fortunately they never seem to fluctuate that much.

When Bramble was last weighed at the vets last year he was 1.7kgs I think. He is a English Spot Lionhead cross.....I think. Pretty small.

Pie - small mini lop - 1.54 last week
Oberon - small Mini Rex - Not sure but I think about 1.7 (?) but he needs to loose some weight. :wave:

When mine were weighed at the vet in January I thought that they said Sergeant was just over a kilogram and Pepper was just under. But perhaps I got it wrong, looking at the weights of all yours! They certainly weren't underweight.

I had good new on Tuesday evening.

Sunshine was 3.5 kilos now 3.01 kilos. He has lost half a kilo in 2 months.

Because he is not longer on piles of muesli, ( I used to just pour it out) :oops: bags of carrots and a bag full of greens, that was his usual diet plus hay, until 2 months ago. Weaned off muesli a month ago. Only one carrot between 2 bunnies a day and a small amount of greens and 2 sticks of celery.

Cutie-pie. Mini lop. 2.1 kilos.

Vet said she is slighty underweight. Should be 2.25 to 2.5 kilos. She was rescued from terrible conditions 6 weeks ago.

Spenser is 2.95kg, he's a lionhead crossed with goodness knows what! I met his Mum, a dark brown lionhead a good bit smaller than Spenser.

Mine are both mini lops. When they had their jabs a few weeks ago, Mac was 1.5kg and Albie was 1.9kg. Which makes Albie too big to be a mini lop which means he's on pellet rations and not at all impressed :lol:

These are all a few months old now apart from Smudge. I suspect some of them have put on weight.

Nutmeg - 1.3
Mini and Mischa - 1.8
Smudge - 2.0

When mine were weighed at the vet in January I thought that they said Sergeant was just over a kilogram and Pepper was just under. But perhaps I got it wrong, looking at the weights of all yours! They certainly weren't underweight.

Last time I went to the vets with Smudge when he was in stasis the vet there weighed him and it said 1.1. I frowned and said what is that in cos if it's kilos that definitely can't be right. Reweighed him, hey presto, 2kg. So scales do come up with odd things sometimes.

I weighed mine last Tuesday and they weighed...

Toffee - 2.4kg, he has lost some weight after the cut back of pellets :D

Daisy - 2.8kg, her average despit cut down of pellets :oops: She needs to loose abit more as she is looking podgy!

Fuzzy - 1.6kg, kind of her average, every time i weigh her its different but its around 1.6kg and 2kg.

George - 3.4kg! :shock: :oops: His weight has stayed the same despit the cut down on pellets :roll: Everytime ive weighed him its been 3.4kg. :? But he is a larger boy than toffee so i dont think he is all dwarf lop... maybe mix with something bigger too? But he could do with loosing a little :lol:

Im hoping with the nicer weather they will be more active and loose abit of podge :oops: :lol:

Back