• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging boxes...

MichG

Mama Doe
My Jack really loves to dig :roll:
His favourite place to dig is right by the door to his run, so much so I have had to cover his dig site up because he is nearly through and out the otherside of the door, they free range when I am about but I can't risk them being out when I am not.

I tried putting in a tray of compost once, and Jack got some in his eye which caused and Ulcar and a cut which became and abcess. I am now scared to give him another compost digging box. Is there anything else I can try in there? Or do you think it was a freak accident that probably won't happen again?

I hate blocking up his dig hole but I can't have him out and about when I am not there.

I would mesh under the run to stop him digging out.

I would probably give him a new digging box, try filling it with topsoil instead though. There's lots of bits and pieces in compost :?

You can see a new digging box I've made on the left here:
joeyroorun.jpg

It's a 4ft water trough I bought off eBay :)

Back