• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tunnels

Alicia

Mama Doe
I'd like to get my rabbits a tunnel but I don't know whether the fabric, the plastic or the cardboard tunnels are best? I think they'd eat the cardboard one within a couple of hours :lol: Can anyone recommend one?

I always end up throwing fabric ones away after a month or two. Either they chew them and expose the wire or they wee in them. The plastic ones go down better here and they don't chew them very much. Got some small nibbles but not like the fabric ones! I have one for the run, one for the lionheads room, a cardboard box that is tunnel shaped for the lops and a gap under my bed which is very tunnel like.

My lot have this one:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=677&tbs=isch:1&um=1&itbs=1

My bunnies love it because they can pop out of the hole in the middle! It has lasted a year but I am actually going out to replace it today because the wire in the end has popped out which is quite dangerous. I am hoping to get this one aswell though:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0&tx=89&ty=99

Also you can get cat tunnels from asda for under £3! I have one of those and they are great. :D

The green snugglesafe ones aren't that robust - the one my bunnies have is very gnawed and gets thrown about when they get annoyed because they've not been let out of the aviary fast enough! :lol::lol:

I also have a (( Runaround Burrow Pipe )) which is very robust and strong. They love it and I'd recommend it every time.

The 6" diameter one is plenty big enough for 'medium' sized bunnies - our two run up and down theirs very speedily lol. :)

I have 2 of these. My two love them and you can attach them to each other.
rabbit-activity-tunnel.jpg

I have fabric tunnels but only for supervised time. I wouldn't leave them alone with them because they do chew them and they do have wires inside which could be dangerous.

I've just had a look in the shed and found a soft cat tunnel
It has been used by my cat though so should I clean it in any way or something? Or should the rabbits not use it?

I have 2 of these. My two love them and you can attach them to each other.
rabbit-activity-tunnel.jpg

Oscar has one of these too, with the tent attached to one end where he sleeps. When he wakes up he charges out and it looks like a bunny canon :lol::lol:

This is the one I've found (photo taken when my cat liked the tunnel :lol: )
pebbles-5.jpg

It won't fit in the run, so hopefully when they can free range in the garden they can play with it then.

pebbles-5.jpg

It won't fit in the run, so hopefully when they can free range in the garden they can play with it then.

Looks BRILLIANT! Though you'll have to supervise your buns if they are free range outside. :)

Yes I will definetly supervise them, they have a 6ft run to play in most of the time I just thought I could let them free range for half an hour every now and then just as something a bit different for them. I probably won't let them free range for a little while yet because I'm still teaching them to come back to me. They are getting better at it though :)

Yes I will definetly supervise them, they have a 6ft run to play in most of the time I just thought I could let them free range for half an hour every now and then just as something a bit different for them. I probably won't let them free range for a little while yet because I'm still teaching them to come back to me.They are getting better at it though :)

Pleased to hear it! BTW How do you teach them? Do you have a method? :)

Pleased to hear it! BTW How do you teach them? Do you have a method? :)

I use a reward method. I put a few of the rabbits favourite food (which for my 2 is their pellets) in a small cup and rattle it around, and they run towards me and I give them a pellet. Eventually (hopefully) they will know the rattling noise is a good thing and if they go to me they get treats. I'm still working on it though, they go towards me now but I'm still worried about whether they'd come back if they were in the garden so I've been practising in the kitchen so far :)

Looks BRILLIANT! Though you'll have to supervise your buns if they are free range outside. :)

My two have this one and they love it!:wave: They also have the hay covered cardboard tunnels which they love chewing and the green plastic ones that they hate.:?

pebbles-5.jpg

That's similar to the one I have, it was for the cats originally but they lost interest. Mine have never chewed it. They have weed in it a few times, but it goes in the washing machine! :D

Back