• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance for Dummies

I know there have been a lot of threads on this, but i just dont understand whats what when it comes to insurance. I waste so much money each month on things the buns dont really need, so i thought i should spend it on something that could one day come in handy and also give me piece of mind. So that if i ever did get a very large, unexpected vet bill, i wouldnt have to get a loan from the bank of mum and dad.

I dont understand the small print, do they make it complicated on purpose or am i just a dummy? :lol:

Would be very helpful if i can get them insured for less than £10 each per month, but I also need to know what the insurance needs to cover and any jargon that i need to understand.

This would be VERY much apreciated. Thanks :wave:

I would take a look at PetPlan, I have 3 insured with them and they have been fab with claims I have made.
They seem quite simple to understand you get a certain amount of vet cover paid for (I think up to £2000 per illness/injury) certain amounts towards acupuncture and stuff like that.

Peoples amounts seem to vary and I was quoted £10.99 a month at first but I now pay about £7.50 per bun so it is worth negotiating.
I don't know what other companies do bun insurance but I am more than happy with PetPlan and I know quite a few on here are.

Back