• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox proof wire mesh.

twisted_angel

Warren Scout
Just wondered where you all buy your fox proof wire mesh from ? I need quite a lot of it for my enclosures preferably 4 - 5ft high.

Thank you for any recommendations :)

I buy 30m rolls from eBay, usually about £60. I normally use about half a roll and keep the rest for next time.

I'm interested in the same info...can I check what the different gauge sizes mean please? Which is more rigid - 16 or 19 gauge?
Thanks
:wave:

16 gauge is stronger and more rigid than 19 gauge. 19 gauge is the minimum strength I would use xx

Last edited:
Oops, I could have told you they don't sell it :oops: I don't know anywhere that does apart from online xx

Hi there, :wave:
No worries - I just popped in to get a feel for what 16 gauge, 19 gauge etc look like before I order stuff online...but the only type they had was pretty flimsy, but didn't say what gauge.

I agree that 16g is better, this is the absolute minimum I would use outdoors.

I had a hutch with 19g wire mesh on and the fox just chewed right through it :(

I had a hutch with 19g wire mesh on and the fox just chewed right through it :(

:shock: Oh no! Nightmare! That's awful. :(

My current hutch and run have really thick black rigid wire, and I feel happy with the security that gives...but the run is too small so I want to get a bigger one made, but the company is offering 19g mesh....
Hmmm....I think I'll see if they'll change it for something better.

Hi, im just about to order some 16g 1" by 1/2" 4ft high 6m long, this would be enough to make a 5ft by 4ft run which is 4ft high so allows for some different levels as its not as big as i would like as dont have the space next to the playhouse, im making a solid roof so dont need wire for that but there would be enough to make an internal door and put wire over the window for the summer the company i found was called dieteck uk and they do different height like 4ft which ebay dont seem to do for the size mentioned above it is £36 incld delivery which i thought was good if you only needed 6m like me they do longer lenghths.

Back