• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you throw away all the bedding when cleaning even if clean?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Just asking because i think one of the reasons i get through so much litter is - i use megazorb without newspaper now as a base for 32l storage boxes, cat trays, four foot indoor cage bases.

Each day i empty the whole lot out even if there is dry megazorb. What does everyone else do- do you leave anything you can see that is dry and just replace wet stuff?

The hay obviously comes out and is replaced daily, but what do you do about other litters?

p.s at the moment i get through 1 bag every two days there abouts.

I get shot of the lot..

With the buns all the hay and poops gets mixed up with the megazorb so at 6am there's no way I'm picking out poops to find dry megazorb.

The pigs smell so bad I get shot of it all ASAP.

i only use newspaper and hay in the litter tray, but yeah the lot gets thrown for new clean stuff.

i throw away the whole lot but only because i can't be bothered to go sorting through it all.

My bunnies have a bedding area with straw in, they never wee or poo in it so i change this bit every month or so as it stays clean. Everything else has to be completely changed as they are so messy.

I just use newspaper in a litter tray now, nothing else.

When I used loose bedding I would spot clean every day and replace everything once a week.

mine use a litter tray which is totally emptied twice a day.

the other stuff can be there for weeks as it never really gets dirty. :)

In the litter trays I do:

Newspaper on the bottom
Then a layer of megazorb
Another layer of newspaper
Hay on top

So every day I change the hay and top layer of newspaper, and then the megazorb and bottom newspaper get changed when needed

Archie and Molly's hutch is never clean, because they always rip everything up and move things around :lol: I empty the litter tray (cat litter tray) every 2/3 days because they don't really use it much, and I just tip it all in the bin, wash the tray and fill with clean litter. I clean out the hutch once a week and again I just throw it all away.

Day to day i only chuck out the used wet litter and put a handful of new on top. Then every 2 - 3 days i clean the whole thing out.

Just cleaned the whole thing out there, Herbie & Inca are in messing them up already

I have a layer of newspaper , a layer of wood pellets and a layer of straw/hay in Basil tray. The whole lot gets thrown every other day, but will be thrown every day in the summer.

I use megazorb and hay.. Change hay daily but if megazorb is mainly dry I just scoop out the wet bit as I would the cat litter tray... and do a full change every couple of days

I just use hay - in the litter tray and his bed box. IF it is wet then I change it if not I don't. He is let out first thing in the morning and runs to his fav. dpot on the garden to wee. Think he "holds on" till morning. :lol: I change the whole lot on Saturdays regardless if it is wet or not. So, Once a week DEFINITELY changed - more if needed...

Back