• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonio dog buscuits

being fed to rabbits and guinea pigs!!! :shock:

"I feed these to my dog, rabbit and guinea pigs, but i buy them mainly for the rabbit" :shock::shock::shock:

WHAT!!!!!!

some kid on youtube :roll: i have told her, but all i got was "its doesnt harm them, its fine, i checked with people"

...i went on about the digestive system and stuff, not sure what i can do. why do people seem to lack any common sense when it comes to animals!!!!

I have heard before of people recommending them for buns with dental problems, to help wear their teeth down - def not something I would do though!

People have no sense *sigh*

If they are the original bonio biscuits theyre not as disastorous as may seem...
Composition:
Cereals (30% whole wheat), Derivatives of vegetable origin, Oils and fats, Minerals, Meat and animal derivatives.

Seems to be a very very low 'meat' content, likely more for flavour than anything. Still shouldnt be fed to herbivores though.

i am ashamed to admit i used to give some to my bunny i had when i was 12, my hamsters too! i had a bunny care book that recommended them. I am 28 now so that was a long time ago :oops: i know better now.

If they are the original bonio biscuits theyre not as disastorous as may seem...
Composition:
Cereals (30% whole wheat), Derivatives of vegetable origin, Oils and fats, Minerals, Meat and animal derivatives.

Seems to be a very very low 'meat' content, likely more for flavour than anything. Still shouldnt be fed to herbivores though.

I know, i checked out the ingredients but its the meat and animal derivatives that gets me. I stopped feeding my piggies Burgess excel for the same reason.

i am ashamed to admit i used to give some to my bunny i had when i was 12, my hamsters too! i had a bunny care book that recommended them. I am 28 now so that was a long time ago :oops: i know better now.

Its not so bad for hamsters, they can have some meat in their diet. I used to feed my foster hammie gravy bones as a treat once a week. But bunnies and piggies arent designed to eat meat. x

my mum had a rabbit who used to eat Bonio's :shock: though the bunny was more dog than rabbit :lol:

Still not a clever thing to feed to a rabbit or piggie :?

Mine try and steal them and have had some, and my hammies have them weekly. I wouldn't recommend rabbits having them, but I think there's far worse they could be eating!

Back