PDA

View Full Version : bonio dog buscuits

RampantRabbits
26-03-2011, 07:23 PM
being fed to rabbits and guinea pigs!!! :shock:

"I feed these to my dog, rabbit and guinea pigs, but i buy them mainly for the rabbit" :shock::shock::shock:

WHAT!!!!!!

Kermit
26-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Jeez oh!

yvette
26-03-2011, 07:25 PM
who?? Where was this???:shock::shock::shock:

RampantRabbits
26-03-2011, 07:28 PM
some kid on youtube :roll: i have told her, but all i got was "its doesnt harm them, its fine, i checked with people"

...i went on about the digestive system and stuff, not sure what i can do. why do people seem to lack any common sense when it comes to animals!!!!

clutterydrawer
26-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I have heard before of people recommending them for buns with dental problems, to help wear their teeth down - def not something I would do though!

People have no sense *sigh*

nessar
26-03-2011, 07:58 PM
If they are the original bonio biscuits theyre not as disastorous as may seem...
Composition:
Cereals (30% whole wheat), Derivatives of vegetable origin, Oils and fats, Minerals, Meat and animal derivatives.

Seems to be a very very low 'meat' content, likely more for flavour than anything. Still shouldnt be fed to herbivores though.

beki
26-03-2011, 08:18 PM
i am ashamed to admit i used to give some to my bunny i had when i was 12, my hamsters too! i had a bunny care book that recommended them. I am 28 now so that was a long time ago :oops: i know better now.

RampantRabbits
26-03-2011, 09:17 PM
If they are the original bonio biscuits theyre not as disastorous as may seem...
Composition:
Cereals (30% whole wheat), Derivatives of vegetable origin, Oils and fats, Minerals, Meat and animal derivatives.

Seems to be a very very low 'meat' content, likely more for flavour than anything. Still shouldnt be fed to herbivores though.

I know, i checked out the ingredients but its the meat and animal derivatives that gets me. I stopped feeding my piggies Burgess excel for the same reason.

RampantRabbits
26-03-2011, 09:18 PM
i am ashamed to admit i used to give some to my bunny i had when i was 12, my hamsters too! i had a bunny care book that recommended them. I am 28 now so that was a long time ago :oops: i know better now.

Its not so bad for hamsters, they can have some meat in their diet. I used to feed my foster hammie gravy bones as a treat once a week. But bunnies and piggies arent designed to eat meat. x

Georgeypudding
26-03-2011, 09:42 PM
my mum had a rabbit who used to eat Bonio's :shock: though the bunny was more dog than rabbit :lol:

Still not a clever thing to feed to a rabbit or piggie :?

happysaz133
26-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Mine try and steal them and have had some, and my hammies have them weekly. I wouldn't recommend rabbits having them, but I think there's far worse they could be eating!