• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bella is amazing <3

shell1805

Mama Doe
bella has been poked and proded so much today, but she is having her eye drops without any grumbling and is nuzzling up to me and licking me like normal. i really thought i would be in the 'bun house' with her, but just goes to how how forgiving our buns really are :love:

017-9.jpg

022-5.jpg

xx

aww she;s soo lovely :love::love::love: like mabel i always thought the females where more nervy or tempermental, but mabel is as soft as they come, she's exactly like locks :lol:

Lucky you ... Spenser was like a furry demon when getting his metacam this morning. He wriggled and wriggled and wriggled!

aww she;s soo lovely :love::love::love: like mabel i always thought the females where more nervy or tempermental, but mabel is as soft as they come, she's exactly like locks :lol:

out of bella and jasper, jasper is the nervy one (he only like his mummeh, if he hears anyones elses voice he hides bless him). bella was a nightmare when we 1st got her, dont think i saw her for the 1st few weeks as she kept hiding :roll: but once i got her trust there was no turning back :love:

How long did it take for her to trust you?

i think easily a solid 6 months, she grew better each day but it really took some time to get her how she is now. i never pushed her and would sit for hours on the floor not touching her and letting her come to me. even now, when we have people over she will hide and will only come out if i talk to her. when it came to picking her up, that took longer. she was a real wriggler. now i can pick her up easily and she jst snuggles in. i would pick her up and straight away put her down, this went on for a few weeks slowly imcreasing the length of time i held her :)

I've had Spenser almost a year, but he isn't a house rabbit (well he is at the moment as he is convalescing) so the amount of contact is inevitably less. Also I broke my arm last summer so he got rather used to being moved from hutch to run in his carrier. He regards being picked up as a great insult to his bunny dignity. :roll:

I've had Spenser almost a year, but he isn't a house rabbit (well he is at the moment as he is convalescing) so the amount of contact is inevitably less. Also I broke my arm last summer so he got rather used to being moved from hutch to run in his carrier. He regards being picked up as a great insult to his bunny dignity. :roll:

without a doubt bella wouldnt be how she is if she was outside. she is a nervous bun no doubt about that, if we go on holiday or away for a few days it takes her a few hours to calm down and come and say hi once we are back. would you ever have spenser as a house bun long term??

without a doubt bella wouldnt be how she is if she was outside. she is a nervous bun no doubt about that, if we go on holiday or away for a few days it takes her a few hours to calm down and come and say hi once we are back. would you ever have spenser as a house bun long term??

It's not my house. It took me 8 months to persuade my parents to let me have a bunny in the garden... he has a few hours in the conservatory most days.

and has he got better over the year you have had him hun??? he is gorgeous :wave:

No. :( My only consolation is that when I collected him from the vets on Thursday night even the vet couldn't pick him up to check his wound. He loves to be stroked, and will put his head right down like Bella in the first picture ... but only if all four paws are on the ground.

No. :( My only consolation is that when I collected him from the vets on Thursday night even the vet couldn't pick him up to check his wound. He loves to be stroked, and will put his head right down like Bella in the first picture ... but only if all four paws are on the ground.

will he sit on you lap??

bella and jasper dont love being picked up, please dont get me wrong they are not too happy about it. but im happy just lying down and having bella nuzzle in to me :)

I've got a photo of him sitting on my lap the day after I got him, but as soon as he found his feet this stopped. I know he'll never be a cuddly rabbit, but I would like to be able to handle him better for his own safety.

I've got a photo of him sitting on my lap the day after I got him, but as soon as he found his feet this stopped. I know he'll never be a cuddly rabbit, but I would like to be able to handle him better for his own safety.

when you do pick him up what do you do?? sorry for all the questions, just would love to help you :wave:

oh and using a carrier to get him out of his house into a run will only make him less likely to want to be handled. i used to do this with my 1st ever bun ralphy and i could never pick him up as he wasnt used to it and so i made the decision to never be like that with bella and jasper :)

I'm sorry for hi-jacking Bella's thread - hope her ladyship will forgive me. Last I picked him up (about 2 weeks ago) I held him turned towards me supported by my left arm and stroked him with my right. It was lovely, and lasted long enough - just - for my mum to get the camera and take a photo. :love:

I'm sorry for hi-jacking Bella's thread - hope her ladyship will forgive me. Last I picked him up (about 2 weeks ago) I held him turned towards me supported by my left arm and stroked him with my right. It was lovely, and lasted long enough - just - for my mum to get the camera and take a photo. :love:

bella wont let me hold her like that for long, not unless she is nuzzled into my neck. i usually pick her up and hold both her back feet together so she cant kick free and just hold her in my arms. i'll find a pic to show what i mean.....

'dont worry about hi jacking my thread, i want you and spenser to be great friends :D '

007-17.jpg

just took these just now hun:

001-24.jpg

002-24.jpg

i tuck her feet into my body and hold them both together so she cant kick free :wave:

I'll give that a go, thanks - and thanks to Bella for modelling. Looking at the picture of me with Spenser you can actually see neither of us is very comfortable.

Back