• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beano and Gordon get a new tray/New pics added pg 2

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I thought Beano and Gordon's cat litter tray was a bit too small for them so I bought them a new underbed storage container, it was a bargain £2:50 from wilkos :D I was worried it might be a bit too high for them, do you think it's ok? They seem to be getting in and out of it fine :)

Beano investigates first

traypic1.jpg

Beano's a rex X lionhead and you can see here she only has a teeny tiny bit of a mane

traypic9.jpg

Now Gordon investigates

traypic2.jpg

traypic4.jpg

Beano trying to get in the shot

traypic3.jpg

traypic5.jpg

Now together

traypic8.jpg

traypic7.jpg

And veg time (they're eating romaine lettuce by the way)

traypic10.jpg

:love:

Last edited:
Spenser has a washing-up basin from Wilkos, but if he ever gets a wife it wouldn't be big enough so I'd go for one of those boxes.:thumb:

I was nearly going to PM you as it feels like we've been a bit deprived of Gordon and Beano this week. :love:

That's the one I have for Jack and Hollie. It's an ideal size - plenty of room for nommy hay (and plenty of room for poos whilst they nom..... ;))

They are absolutely stunning bunnies xx :love: :love:

How old is Beano as Mrs Bun came to me at 7 months old and developed her mane at about a year and a bit!!!! She may get one yet!!!!!:wave:
Now has a wonderful mane at the grand age of 3!!!(See my avatar,Mrs B when I first got her then my siggy is more recent).

Thankyou :) That's interesting about the mane, Beano was one year old last month. Gordon is under a year old and he has a full on mane :love:

Thankyou :) Just been out to say goodnight to them because I'll be supervising ratty free range for the rest of the night till bed and it's gone rather chilly! What happened to the nice weather! I'm hoping it will warm up again soon, I'm going to order the buns a run from ukrabbithutches soon, I wanted to order it today but never had the chance to see my mum. I'm getting their run instead of anything for my birthday (other than some paintings I've asked for) and I tell the buns this and all I get is a nip and grunt from Beano and Gordon was asleep in the new tray :roll: :love:

I'm getting their run instead of anything for my birthday (other than some paintings I've asked for) and I tell the buns this and all I get is a nip and grunt from Beano and Gordon was asleep in the new tray :roll: :love:

How ungrateful :lol: I'm sure they'll realise how good it is when they see it ;)

I have that tray for my buns, its perfect.

Bunny snuggling pics

:love: New pics of Beano and Gordon snuggling in their new tray :love:

z1.jpg

z3.jpg

z2.jpg

And after snuggles, breakfast!

z4.jpg

Thankyou :love: Don't know what Beano was so pleased about this morning, she was binkying around before I'd even showed her any food! It's lovely to be out with them and see them happy :)

Thankyou :love: Don't know what Beano was so pleased about this morning, she was binkying around before I'd even showed her any food! It's lovely to be out with them and see them happy :)

Perhaps delayed reaction enthusiasm about the new run? Love the new snuggle pics - a great advert for bunny love. :love:

Looking at those pics makes me glad I decided to get Beano a friend, and give Gordon one, because we was unsure weather Beano would accept another bunny but she is brilliant with him :love: :D

Looking at those pics makes me glad I decided to get Beano a friend, and give Gordon one, because we was unsure weather Beano would accept another bunny but she is brilliant with him :love: :D

Often buns who are not very human friendly are lovely with other buns. Unfortunately sometimes it also works the other way too i.e. Bouncer :roll:

Often buns who are not very human friendly are lovely with other buns. Unfortunately sometimes it also works the other way too i.e. Bouncer :roll:

Beano is a funny thing, when I fist got her she was a calm, gentle little thing who adored human attention and would let anyone do whatever they wanted with her (pick her up, put her back in her cage etc) then she became terror bun and would destroy everything in site, do nothing but bite me and lunge/grunt all the time. After her spay she would still grunt and lunge a bit and did it less and less to me, then Gordon arrived and she turned into a completely different bunny again! She has never showed any agression towards him, always grooms him and asks him for snuggles and she is more than happy to be hopping around me, when I'm in the shed she never leaves me alone although does have a bad habit of nipping me for attention. She doesn't like being picked up though and will let you know this! When anyone else goes to see her she will sit in a corner away from them and grunt at them though wich I'm not sure why she'll do that. And Gordon will whenever Beano is washing herseldf he'll go up to her and push his head in her face for a snuggle but gives them back less often. He seems quite happy pottering about on his own or seeing what Beano is up to, he'll come up and nudge me and runs up to the door when he hears it being opened and will let you pick him up but I don't think he particully enjoys it. I love my two bunnies whatever mood they're in! :love:

Bouncer sounds like a lovely bun, a joy to have around. Such a shame he doesn't get on with other bunnies though. Sounds like he'd make the perfect companion for some one and in the mean time enjoys life with you

Back