• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex hocks, carpet and foam flooring!

Pie

Warren Veteran
Obie has the beginnings of sore hocks - he came from the rescue with them last month, just tiny bald patches with little white scabs/hard skin. But as we have carpet they have been looking more sore recently. He is still himself - naughty, into everything, eating and pooing and binkying like there's no tomorrow. :roll: :love:

Now we bought some really good foam/rubber flooring from Maplins and put that down - brilliant stuff, Water proof, comfy etc but then he started to eat it! Like LOADS of it in every mouthful :shock: *facepalm*
So what can I do to stop him? Here is a couple of piccies of the flooring.

DSC_7639.jpg

A close up of the flooring - Sorry, Pie insisted on getting in the shot!
DSC_7643.jpg

I really need to stop his hocks getting worse and can't cover the whole flat in lino as Pie hates it and we dont have the money. I am really stuck for ideas now. :?

Could you cover it with a cotton sheet? I found cotton wasn't abrasive and worked well to help Mini's hocks.

Ohh thats might be a thought. Good one. I'll try that. :thumb:
It was mainly to stop him eating the flooring! :roll:

Back