• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes needed for my baby girl bella please xx UPDATE 29.3.11

shell1805

Mama Doe
hey everyone, please could i have some get well vibes for my bella please.
took her to the vets today for her watery eye, it had completely gone last week but came back again so we had an appointment at 2 oclock today. we were in there for the best part of an hour. the vets first thought after putting dye in her eye and nothing coming up was her teeth. she had a loomk and her front ones were fine but obviously bella wouldnt let her look further in her mouth and kept licking the vet :roll:

the vet them started talking about her having to come back and put under so they could examine her teeth further. she also mentioned flushing out her tear duct that runs to her nose. all sounded very scary to me as bella has never been ill :(

just then she checked her eye again and 3 very minor colour alterations showed up which indicates an ulceration. the vet says they look very superficial which is the best we could hope for and she has been given fucithalmic eyes drops (4 times daily) and metacam (once daily) for the pain. we have to take her back on tuesday and then go from there.

looks most likely that jasper had caught her eye while over grooming.
my poor little girl :(

xx

Last edited:
aw bless, sending vibes for her

little jay-jay had an eye ulcer while he was here and got better within a few days, try not to worry too much xxxx

aw bless, sending vibes for her

little jay-jay had an eye ulcer while he was here and got better within a few days, try not to worry too much xxxx

if im honest when i left the vets i was shaking :oops: i asked soooooo many questions i think the vet thought i was nuts. i even mentioned RU and the stuff i had read and she said RU sounds like a fantastic site and she is gonna check it out :)

my poor little girl, she has an orange eye at the moment and seems so down :cry:

Spenser had dye put in his eye for a tearduct check. Just to warn you, it came out at the end of his nose and gave his fluffy white face a yellow tinge. He made it temporarily worse by washing. It bothered me more than him though, and such an effect will not be as visible if it happens with Bella.

Spenser had dye put in his eye for a tearduct check. Just to warn you, it came out at the end of his nose and gave his fluffy white face a yellow tinge. He made it temporarily worse by washing. It bothered me more than him though, and such an effect will not be as visible if it happens with Bella.

see the vet said if it was teeth issues that is what makes it come out the nose, and as bella didnt get that it was a good sign that her teeth wasnt causing the watery eye. (this was before she re checked her eye and saw the ulceration)

but i will keep an eye on bella's nose :wave: thanks hunni x

hey everyone :wave:

well looke like all those get well vibes are working. bella was back at the vets this morning and though the eye ulceration hasn't completely gone it has reduced a significant amount and the vet hopes that by the time we take her back next monday it should have cleared up :D

her eyes drops have changed to gentamicin (2 drops 3*daily) and ive been told to stop the metacam.

whats more the vet was very impressed with bella, she said she was the most well behaved bun she has encountered and couldnt believe that even though she was man handling her a bit to get a good look in her eye bella still licked her :roll: :lol: thats my big softy for ya :love:

so keep those good vibes coming as they're working wonders :wave:

Back