• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A question... (rabbit and rat related)

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I bought the buns a new litter tray/bed, they used to have a large cat litter tray but I thought this was too small for them so I bought them a large underbed storage container, I was worried it would be a bit too tall for them to go in but they seem to be jumping in fine and love it :D Can I use their old tray as a wading/fishing for pea's pool for my rats? I will obviously clean it well, would washing it then disenfecting it with pet friendly disenfectant be enough to clean it? It doesn't have any stains on it and is fairly new and was disenfected every other day but it does have a few nibble marks in it, would it be safe to use for my rats after being thoroughly cleaned? :wave:

Yes it will be safe once disinfected and thoroughly rinsed :wave: if your ratties are anything like mine they will love it :love: try putting something under one end like a book to make a shallow and deep end. then put some fun things for them to investigate, glass pebbles from vases/frozen mixed veg/nuts/seeds etc so that there are both sinky and floaty bits! and then you have to post photos :D

Thanks :D My two don't love water, but they do enjoy having a paddle and fishing for pea's. I may have some pics of them fishing and some new ones of them free ranging that I might put up tonight or some new ones in the next couple of days so keep an eye out :D

Pea fishing rats are so cute :love: my boys now are happy to sit on the edge and fish with their paws, they won't put their heads under yet though. My siamese Dylan (RIP :cry:) was an expert, he'd fully submerge!

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

hehe :D

He's gorgeous :love: Great pics :) Honey and Treasure shut their eyes and feel around under the water with their front feet

Back