• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed temprements?

kat031181

Alpha Buck
Im sure what ever each person has is the very best to them but there are so many breeds to choose from its so confusing!

I would like rabbits who enjoy being wiith us and a cuddle up and at the moment i think i am falling for lionheads and lion lops but still not sure! Or do u think its like dogs and mostly down to how they are brought up than than breed?

I'm afraid you can never guarantee to have a cuddly bunny, whatever breed you choose. It depends on the personality of each individual rabbit.

If you go to a rescue and speak to the owner, they will possibly be able to tell you what personality each of their buns have which are up for adoption.

as above. although in my experience getting from a rescue the buns are more greatfull for a good home.
i have a lionhead who just doesnt care what goes on

go to a rescue and meet them decide that way i have had many breeds and lots the same breed and found them all to be different

I agree with everyone else, its not the breed of the bunnies its their personalities :wave:

None of mine like being picked up and cuddled, espcially my Fuzzy the Lionhead :lol: She is boss of the group too :)

I agree with the others! :lol: You really don't know what you're getting unless you spend time getting to know them first. It's far better to adopt a bunny from a rescue, where you can choose it for personality as well as looks, than pick a random bun from a petshop or breeder.

Rescue buns will also be neutered, vaccinated and (if you want a pair) bonded already, which will save a lot of time, money and hassle.

Last edited:
Thanks thats what i thought really, i am going to rescue but sadly there are so many there thats there seems to still be a lot of choice, only 2 weeks till i can start looking (when i get back of my hol) x

Definately no such thing as breed temperament. It's individual temperament due to different life and environment factors.

Even though I am a frenchie lover through & through,I would say the 3 dwarf lops we had[including a cashmere]were the most affectionate buns ever.:)

Rescue would be your best option, you can ask the rescue if they have an friendly bunnies that love snuggles :)

I have a 'Lionlop' and she's cuddly :)

Back