• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Pepper

lizzyjm

Alpha Buck
Yesterday afternoon I started to notice that Pepper had barely moved in a couple of hours. Not too unusual for the time of day but I offered her a fenugreek crunchie and she turned her head away. And then at everything else I tried to offer her. I noticed a tiny piece of hay at the corner of her eye and went to brush it away. It turned out to be a longer piece of hay actually *in* her eye! After it came out she closed her eyes for a bit which she never does. But she still refused to eat and I was on the verge of calling the vet. But then she started to perk up! I was so relieved! She was soon 100% back to her normal self and it's as if nothing ever happened. I guess it had been that bit of hay and just took her a while to recover from the pain, poor baby.

Also so glad I didn't have to take her to the vet as it involves a lot of walking a carrying and I'd already run 20 miles yesterday morning! Of course that wouldn't have stopped me if she'd needed it though.

I thought I'd post about it since it has a happy ending :)

I know, the poor love! I'm just glad I saw it and managed to get it out. I was terrified when she was turning away from all the food, most unlike her.

Back