• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marley & Dolly request pictures of the OUTSIDE of your playhouses!

Just trying to decide what colour scheme to have on my new playhouse :) I want it to stand out, but mum said it has to "blend" with the garden too.

:wave:

ALSO: If you have painted the inside, id like to see that too :) xx

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Here's one of mine. I also have another one which is painted willow but don't have a picture of it painted for some reason.

Mine are 'beach huts' as I live by the sea :D:lol:

Thanks Georgie :wave: Ive seen your playhouse, but im not allowed to paint it that colour. How wide is your shelf by the way and how did you get it to go in without supports on the bottom. I have to do most of mine on my own, and im terrible at DIY :lol:

ETA: What colour is the inside? Ive got lino for the floor but Marley wont walk on it i dont think. :roll:

Last edited:
Thanks Georgie :wave: Ive seen your playhouse, but im not allowed to paint it that colour. How wide is your shelf by the way and how did you get it to go in without supports on the bottom. I have to do most of mine on my own, and im terrible at DIY :lol:

ETA: What colour is the inside? Ive got lino for the floor but Marley wont walk on it i dont think. :roll:

The shelf isn't very wide, only a foot or so. It's made of quite ridgid chipboard stuff so it's only supported at the corners and in the middle at the back (you can see the wood it's resting on in the middle in the photo). Pharrell and Daphne are quite weeny little buns so it's plenty strong enough for them.

I painted the insides of both palyhouses white as I figured it's make it lighter inside - I don't recommend it however as the wood near the floor is now tinged with yellow! :oops::shock::lol::lol::lol:

The shelf isn't very wide, only a foot or so. It's made of quite ridgid chipboard stuff so it's only supported at the corners and in the middle at the back (you can see the wood it's resting on in the middle in the photo). Pharrell and Daphne are quite weeny little buns so it's plenty strong enough for them.

I painted the insides of both palyhouses white as I figured it's make it lighter inside - I don't recommend it however as the wood near the floor is now tinged with yellow! :oops::shock::lol::lol::lol:

M&D are only weeny too, i see how youve done it now :)

I dont mind a bit of pee staining (i assume thats what it is! :shock: ) I think mines probably going to end up being all golden brown, like a new hutch, but thats boring!! :lol: What did you use on Thistles cabin? I might be able to get away with that ;)

M&D are only weeny too, i see how youve done it now :)

I dont mind a bit of pee staining (i assume thats what it is! :shock: ) I think mines probably going to end up being all golden brown, like a new hutch, but thats boring!! :lol: What did you use on Thistles cabin? I might be able to get away with that ;)

:lol: Yep, pee! :roll:

The shed's painted with this stuff - http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/shed_and_fence_preserver_overview.jsp in 'rustic green'. It's more a stain than a paint but it seems to do the job. A stain can just be painted over if you get bored of it too rather than having to sand it all off. :)

What's your playhouse like?! :D

:lol: Yep, pee! :roll:

The shed's painted with this stuff - http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/shed_and_fence_preserver_overview.jsp in 'rustic green'. It's more a stain than a paint but it seems to do the job. A stain can just be painted over if you get bored of it too rather than having to sand it all off. :)

What's your playhouse like?! :D

Ive bought lottielouise's :) was in the for sale section. Ive recruited a friend and her horsebox to come and collect it on thursday. Im guessing a stain will protect the wood too, im totally useless George, really!! :roll:

Back