• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh gosh...10 rabbits in this! Help!

What the hell? I'm not going to look now as just off to bed but will look for this thread when I get time over the weekend. :(

That is a shocking claim. It is tiny.

This bit of the description is amazing "Boasting two separate hutches, each compartment comes with an enclosed resting area and an open section for exercise." :shock::censored:

Exercise?! Have these people ever seen a rabbit?!

That is awful. How can companies get away with such rubbish :censored: Is it worth reporting to the RSPCA or something too?? The company may have to listen of someone "official" advises them it is unsuitable.

Will write a review too.

I've written a review!! once its been submitted a message appears saying that once the reviews have been approved they will be shown and that any that don't meet their 'guidelines' won't be shown! that will prob include all of our 'reviews'.:evil:

Thats auwful :shock:

I wrote a review aswell but I doubt it will get put up unfortunately. The others arent up there :roll:

Hopefully if enough of us write they'll change the ad though (fingers crossed)

I sent them an email, and I don't care if I came across as a little rude....:lol:oops:

To whom it may concern,

I am deeply concerned by a 1ftx4ft hutch you have on sale. The decription claims that the two storey hutch can house up to ten rabbits; I'd like to inform you that this is NOT the case.

The minimum requirements for a rabbit/pair of rabbits set by the RSPCA is a 6ftx2ft hutch with a permanently attached run of 6ftx4ft. 2 levels of 4ftx1ft are not good enough for 1 rabbit let alone 10, as they are very active animals and require adequate exercise throughout the day. Some rabbits may be "petit", as also stated in the description, but the rules do not change.

I personally have 3 rabbits living in 2 5ftx2ft double storey hutches and I know that even this is nowhere near enough space, therefore they have room to free range every day.

I would highly reccommend that you change the description of your product to "suitable for guinea pigs and other petit animals",as this hutch is not suitable for rabbits at all.

Chloé Murray.

:oops: We'll have to see what they reply to that.

I wouldn't even keep 2 guinea pigs in it.

But unfortunately, I don't know if there's anything we can do to get them to change it. I'm not sure what the legal minimum space for a rabbit hutch is, but I bet it's tiny. It could actually be legal to keep 10 rabbits in that :( Which is horrible.

Why do people think rabbits can live in a tiny hutch . . . :evil:

I wouldn't even keep 2 guinea pigs in it.

But unfortunately, I don't know if there's anything we can do to get them to change it. I'm not sure what the legal minimum space for a rabbit hutch is, but I bet it's tiny. It could actually be legal to keep 10 rabbits in that :( Which is horrible.

Why do people think rabbits can live in a tiny hutch . . . :evil:

Totally agree that it is not suitable for guinea pigs either. As it does not have stairs who ever living in it has only 4 square feet which is not adequate for even a single guinea pig :oops:

I agree with everything thats been said, but surely this has to be typo, as noone in there right mind would think its a suitable home for 10 rabbits or even guinea pigs, they need a fair bit of space too .

Back