• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you leave your bun to use their runs at night

Are your rabbits allowed to use runs at night

• yes I allow free access to the run at all times

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No I lock the rabbits in their kennel/shed at night

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No when they were outdoor bunnies they went back in their fox proof hutch.

There is too much risk with foxes. They are clever and can leap over very high fences and bite through basic wire.

Mine have access 24/7 to the avairy attached to the shed but its fox proof, its screwed into the concrete and has a perspex roof. :)

I do allow my buns to have free access to their run at all times. Their permanent run is attached to their hutch on the patio. As it's on the patio the buns cannot dig out & no other predators can dig in. It is covered with wire mesh in a wooden frame so the top is secure too. This is also covered with a fully attached waterproof cover/run shade.

The buns have an additional run which is attached to their primary run, but it's on the grass, so whilst they have daily access to it, it's only under supervision for their own safety :) x

mine are in hutches at night but we have very active foxes round here. Although i have never seen them in the back garden at all, i have seen footprints in the snow and they often howl at night in the road out the front. My run currently isnt foxproof.

Nursecroft, what did you use to screw your aviary to concrete? i am going to build an aviary this year hopefully and want to do this but no clue where to start with securing it.

One pair have 24hr access to a run, two pairs shut in their hutch overnight and the last pair and single bun live in the shed so are shut it there overnight

Yes, mine have 24/7 access to their runs. The runs are just as secure as their hutches, and I'm happy that the buns can enjoy sunrise and sunset every day :)

I'm kinda yes & no :roll::lol:

I have JUST started allowing 24/7 access to their secure runs. I used to shut the buns away at night but mostly because I was concerned they were smart enough to go inside when it was so sold :roll:

It's been so lovely this week tough I've taken the plunge & started leaving them out. They will stay out all summer although I do still cover the hutches at night so that they have somewhere to hide should anything get into the garden. The runs are predator proof & locked.

Mine stay out 24/7, I don't have a shed yet though so they only have hutches attached to their runs and I can't bear to shut them in the hutches unless I really have to!

The runs are fox proof and very sturdy though so I trust them, at first I was petrified the buns would secretly dig out over night, but they haven't!

Yes but only because they are completely secure. I wouldn't if there was any chance of them digging/squeezing/jumping out or anything getting in

Yes, mine have 24/7 access to their runs. The runs are just as secure as their hutches, and I'm happy that the buns can enjoy sunrise and sunset every day :)

Stator said:
Yes but only because they are completely secure. I wouldn't if there was any chance of them digging/squeezing/jumping out or anything getting in

Same here ^^^^^ :wave:

Back