• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox on the roof of my bunnies playhouse

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
I am in shock :evil: Looked out of the window and right infront of my dining room door I could see the fox,an adult actually on the roof :cry::cry::cry:
Luckily it is very secure and so is the attatched run,but it has really shaken me up
Beatrix and Norman are fine,thankfully unaware of what has happened,hubby and I are wondering about what to do now:cry::cry::cry:

:wave:
My jaws dropped when I read the title of this thread, foxes are a serious case when it comes to the safety of your bunnies.
If you scare it off, then they will remember this and might not come back again.
Fix bike lights around the garden so they will feel afraid.
Scare the fox of by squirting water at it via water gun or if you want to be mean towards a fox like me -hose pipe- ;]
Some foxes do come back again and again. :roll:

They have innocent faces like a dogs, but to me as a rabbit owner I feel nothing but disgust for those creatures even if they need to do *that* to survive. I still think they should like go away.:censored:

I can't feel 'disgust' for any animal. They are simply doing what they need to do to survive. Do you eat meat? Not really in a position to judge unless you're a vegan tbh..... the way humans kill and raise animals for food isn't exactly a kind, painless thing. :p

jackiestone - foxes have been known to come back it's true. :(

I really feel for you because it must have been an awful shock!! I recently found (( This Fox Repeller )) on a website - it isn't 'sound based' so won't affect rabbits. Might be worth a try??

Hope you can find a solution. xx

They have innocent faces like a dogs, but to me as a rabbit owner I feel nothing but disgust for those creatures even if they need to do *that* to survive. I still think they should like go away.:censored:

:roll: I feel disgust for people who can't understand what instincts are.

:roll: I feel disgust for people who can't understand what instincts are.

So you feel disgust towards me? Ok :cool:
I meant I dislike foxes and really hate them because they're a danger to rabbits.
It's like people who dislike cats, they must have a reason and so have I for hating foxes. :wave:

what a shock jackie:shock:

glad the buns are oblivious and i hope you can sort out a really good deterrent x

OMG that would terrify me. I would move your buns indoors if you can. I don't have outdoor buns so can't give any advice on getting rid of the foxes.

So you feel disgust towards me? Ok :cool:
I meant I dislike foxes and really hate them because they're a danger to rabbits.
It's like people who dislike cats, they must have a reason and so have I for hating foxes. :wave:

No, I was being sarcastic. But seriously... they're foxes... not evil demons intent on killing rabbits.

I know everyone has their opinions but its silly to hate cats or foxes. Protect your house/whenever you house your rabbits and they can't get in.

And I think a playhouse should be perfectly safe. As long as the attached run is secure.

I really feel for you because it must have been an awful shock!! I recently found (( This Fox Repeller )) on a website - it isn't 'sound based' so won't affect rabbits. Might be worth a try??

Hope you can find a solution. xx

If this is placed facing a rabbit, they too will get scared of the eyes, they'll mistake it for a predator- that is its purpose.

But seriously... they're foxes... not evil demons intent on killing rabbits.

And it's not just rabbits they kill so they're not intent on killing rabbits :)

Anyway, it's sounds like you're fairly secure Jackie, just double check everything, which I am sure you already have done or are planning to.

Maybe get some climbing plants that are prickly to go across the fence/top of the playhouse. I also like the 'prickle strips' you can get to sit on top of the fence to stop them walking on it.

I use 'Get Off' cat & dog repellent that is designed to stop cats & dogs fouling your gardens and flowerbeds across the top of our fences and hutches as we get them here occasionally too

Unfortunately the fox will probably return - but it sounds as though you have everything secure. What a shock.

Unfortunately the fox will probably return - but it sounds as though you have everything secure. What a shock.

You could also try plastic spikes that are meant to go on to the top of fences, they're friendly, but not friendly on trespassers.

And it's not just rabbits they kill so they're not intent on killing rabbits

Exactly... Although I would rather they just killed rabbits :lol: I have indoor rabbits and we don't have rabbits in my area.. or at least I never see any, so there must be very very few- too many birds of prey here, they prolly get picked off fast.

Also, I don't see a need a need for a repellent. The playhouse/run is secure, yes? So enjoy the fox if it comes back. :? Maybe Im just used to it, we have loads of wildlife here. Not unusual to see raccoons, owls, stray cats, and foxes at night, I've even seen all of them in the daytime too. If I'm outside at night I likely see at least 1 of those species.

Also, I don't see a need a need for a repellent.

:O
You should try to reduce the chance of a fox getting to your garden, not invite him in and show off that your accommodation is the best against the wrath of a fox and pee him off :p :lol:
Because if he knows bunnies are there he'll keep coming back constantly, they're not only dangerous to rabbits, but human too -sometimes-.

Exactly... Although I would rather they just killed rabbits :lol: I have indoor rabbits and we don't have rabbits in my area.. or at least I never see any, so there must be very very few- too many birds of prey here, they prolly get picked off fast.

Also, I don't see a need a need for a repellent. The playhouse/run is secure, yes? So enjoy the fox if it comes back. :? Maybe Im just used to it, we have loads of wildlife here. Not unusual to see raccoons, owls, stray cats, and foxes at night, I've even seen all of them in the daytime too. If I'm outside at night I likely see at least 1 of those species.

Because they terrify the rabbits!

I would try and electric fence around the buns to deter the fox and obviously ensure your accomdation is fox proof.

Is it possible to put electric fencing around and on the roof? Weve got this and a fox sonic repellent, and nothing has got in :D

Back