• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long does a bag of megazorb last for 2 buns...?

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm just about to place an order with hay experts and am thinking of trying megazorb. The bag seems massive! At the moment I change their litter tray daily, and it's one of those underbed storage boxes, about 2 feet by 1 foot. I think Honey might have a whale of a time digging in it though... :?

Mine has lasted a month for 2 rabbits (every other day changes of storage box) and 5 day changes of piggies :wave:

ETA - it will probably last you about 6 weeks, which is good value and put a layer of hay on top of it :)

Depends what size litter trays you have as well. I use the base of an indoor cage as a litter tray so I use lots of megazorb.

I have 3 grubby little ferrets and 4 buns....Changed daily,about 6 weeks!!!
4 Litter trays......

9 buns and 4 pigs....about 3 weeks if I'm lucky, goes on the base of the hutches and part covers the shed floor plus a storage box litter tray, one regular sized tray and a massive crate used as a litter tray

I have large underbed storage trays and change them 2-3 times a week and I get through a bag every 2 months. That's just for 2 bunnies cos I only use it for the lops. It might be slightly more than that as it's only been the last month or so I've stopped using it for the lionheads (Nutmeg digs in it :roll:).

Actually it's got to be more like 3-4 months cos I started this bag on the 1st and there's is still at least 2 thirds left.

Back