• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much did your setup cost?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
For 2 rabbits? I'm thinking in terms of the whole '6ft hutch with attached run' thing. Thanks!

We made it. So about £90 for materials (hutch, 6ft run) and then we took an old 9ft run, and added that on. So about £150 :wave:

Eta: just worked it out. Cost a LOT less than I thought. We had most wood, so it cost £35.39 for a 4ft hutch, a 15ft run and a 5ft hutch inside :D

Last edited:
my 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and 6ft x 4ft run combo cost £50! only a year old when i got it, brilliant condidition aswell!

£60 for the 7 x 5 x 2ft run :D I already had the shed but my dad kindly built me a 4ft hutch for the buns, that was before we knew of the appropriate size. Felt guilty telling him it was no good. :cry:

Obviously not for outdoors but might help...

Gee where do I start. :oops:

Linoed floors - £300 (but carpets needed replacing anyway)
NIC cubes - approx £45
Dog crate (now not used) - £50-60
Baby gate x2 - £50
Litter tray boxes - 8 x £5 - £40
Fleeces - £20
Wood - £50

New furniture, replacement leads, paint for the door (Smudge) not included :oops:

And about £100 for their big outdoor run.

My hutch/run was £130 nearly 3 years ago. The kennel/run they're in now was quite a bit more than that. :lol:

£150 including delivery for my 5ft hutch, £60 for my Trixie run. Free outbuilding, as it was here when we moved in.

Just bought a £400 shed which I am regretting and wondering if I can send back :roll:

Our set-up for a pair (5 years ago) was £150 for wendyhouse. £50 to make the run. We more recently (2 years ago) did a Shed which cost £170, then around £300 to make the aviary type run.

Well.

We made a 3 level, 6ftx2.5ft NIC condo. The top two levels are for the guinea pigs and the bottom one is for the rabbits. Because we used an aluminium frame to increase the stability of the structure, it ended up being quite costly. I think it was at least $350 (224 pounds). The buns then having a pen out the front of their cage that measures 8ftx4.5ft. The pen is made up of two different sets of pen pieces that I got over the years, I think they would roughly cost $70 in total (45 pounds). So all up, quite an expensive set up, but so worth it. :D

Too much :oops: 260 for the hutch and run, 20 for wood to make shelves in the run half of the hutch - they live on them now! 100 for indoor dog crate a cage for after neuters or whenever they need monitoring. About 80 for fencing and staples. OH and FIL spent a weekend stapling wire fencing to the bottom of our 6 ft fence so the buns could free range.

One hutch was £160 the other was £60
The runs were both around the £50 mark as we made them ourselves

indoors. two puppy pens at £35 each (put together to make one). two old cages probably about £50 each four years ago (each with one side off. at the moment only one has the top on, the base of the other is a litter tray. hardboard and carpet tiles to make the top of the cages into an extra level, £100 ( couldn't believe how much i'd spent). then a vast number of litter trays, some climbing and jumping boxes (willow baskets), tunnels, toddler slide (tabby used to lie on her side and slide down) fleeces, slates for hot weather, toys for ignoring, noisy toys for summoning the maid. ;) bearing in mind how much i've spent, it should look more glamorous!

Back