• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about Archie

Alicia

Mama Doe
I was holding Archie (I know rabbits don't like to be held and I try to only hold them when necessary) and he must have got really scared because he freaked out and started kicking his legs around. I tried to hold onto him but he managed to get over my shoulder and he jumped. He landed on the grass and I got him again and sat him down on the trampoline (because it was the nearest flat surface) he just sat there which really scared me, so I pushed his vegetables nearer him and he still didn't move. I put him in the run with the vegetables and he was walking towards them and seemed ok, but I'm still so worried. I'm 5ft 8 so it was a big jump for Archie to make and I feel terrible. I've only had them a week and already I may have hurt one :(

Don't feel bad! Jasper has done this many of times :roll: Jumped onto my shoulder and onto the floor. He's probably fine just a little bewildered that he managed such a big jump! x

he's probably a little frightened. Leave him to be quiet for a little while and then try and get him too eat again :wave:

Thank you. I'm so scared he's hurt himself, but I don't know. He's eating again already, I put some of his vegetables in the run and he did hop after them but I'm really worried that he might have hurt his leg or something. He did go down the ramp when I put him upstairs in the hutch but I don't know, does he look like he's walking ok to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TRSCNCZqto
Sorry about the messy hutch - tomorrows hutch clean day
I'm sorry if I'm over reacting I'm just so worried :(

Last edited:
The hopping looks perfectly normal. I'm sure he's ok. Mine have done that on a few occasions! They go zooming up to my neck. I normally either put my hand on their head if I react in time or bend forward so they can sit on my back. Course that then means needing someone to take them off! :lol:

Mini flipped out of my arms once and landed awkwardly on a stool. She had a dislocated hip and it was quite obvious something was wrong. Archie looks fine in that video. :)

Thank you! I thought he looked ok but I just wanted to check with people that know more about rabbits. Sorry for panicking! :)

I was holding Archie (I know rabbits don't like to be held and I try to only hold them when necessary) and he must have got really scared because he freaked out and started kicking his legs around. I tried to hold onto him but he managed to get over my shoulder and he jumped. He landed on the grass and I got him again and sat him down on the trampoline (because it was the nearest flat surface) he just sat there which really scared me, so I pushed his vegetables nearer him and he still didn't move. I put him in the run with the vegetables and he was walking towards them and seemed ok, but I'm still so worried. I'm 5ft 8 so it was a big jump for Archie to make and I feel terrible. I've only had them a week and already I may have hurt one :(

I have had this with my two as well. Once I picked Charlie up to get him out of his run and he struggled and actually somersaulted right over onto the grass. I was terrified. He was a bit shaken, I cried and felt terrible but he was okay. Thank goodness. I know how you feel though, I felt dreadful all night then and kept going out to check him. Casper also struggles sometimes and tries to jump out your arms if he sees his shed. They are tricky little customers sometimes!! Don't feel bad though. I think it happens to us all from time to time! Hope he is okay! :wave:

I have had this with my two as well. Once I picked Charlie up to get him out of his run and he struggled and actually somersaulted right over onto the grass. I was terrified. He was a bit shaken, I cried and felt terrible but he was okay. Thank goodness. I know how you feel though, I felt dreadful all night then and kept going out to check him. Casper also struggles sometimes and tries to jump out your arms if he sees his shed. They are tricky little customers sometimes!! Don't feel bad though. I think it happens to us all from time to time! Hope he is okay! :wave:

Thank you :) Yes he's fine now, I think it scared me more than him :lol:

Back