• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plant Identification Please

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
P1040391Small.jpg

Is this safe, and what is it?

I have 2 big bunches of it in my back garden :shock:

It looks like ragwort, do not let the buns eat it, it causes liver damage and has a cumulative effect. Dig out the roots and use gloves because it can enter through the skin too.

Definatley looks like RAGWORT :shock::shock:
Must be got rid of.. extremley poisenous!!
As Halfpenny says.. wear gloves and be SURE to get the roots out and dispose of safely.
Was it there last year.. if so and it is ragwort you would have had a yellow flower on it

yup, ragwort. i've spotted some in my garden today too - dug it up as soon as i saw it but essie's been free ranging........not watching her like a hawk at all:oops:

yeah looks like ragwort :wave:

be sure to wear gloves when removing it as when I was younger we used to spend all summer de-ragworting the fields without gloves & now I have alot of probs with my liver (I always have abnormal test results), wether it is related or not I will never know I suppose :(

Back