• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 baby rabbits first time outside today

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
well i say babies but they are more teenagers now lol...they have been out all day enjoying the lovely sunshine....i dont think they are liking it to much out there though. when i come to see them as soo as i open the door they try jumping on me....is th is just because they are no used to it?

hi, sorry for such a late reply. no they are not on the grass they are in the run on the paving slabs area. they were born 12th december so they are not baby babies..after i cut the grass i was going to put their run on the grass...should i not?

Maybe your buns are just a bit frightened with all the unfamiliar noises and smells outside than they are used to? It may help to stay out there with them to start with in short periods and build up the amount of time they spend out of doors until they get used to it.

As for the grass, this time of year when all the new shoots are coming through it is very rich in something that can give buns mucky bums and upset their tummies so they shouldn't be allowed to eat it really, or it should be very restricted indeed.

luckly they havnt had any grass....they have gone out a few more times since i originally posted this thread and they are pretty happy out there now lol. but they still prefer the luxury of a warm house lol

Back