• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Poops

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Anyone know how long (roughly) it takes for whatever a rabbit has eaten to, well, come out the other end?

With SiDney & Lola it seems as soon as they eat, it comes out as they are always leaving 'presents' around the food dish :lol::lol:

Eating does stimulate the intestinal tract or whatever :p So I'd say they go potty soon after eating. They do digest faster than humans. But I think Aiden saves some until he finds somewhere to mark -_- Gotta keep potty training him, the messy boy.

Eating does stimulate the intestinal tract or whatever :p So I'd say they go potty soon after eating.

...... but they don't poo out what they've only just eaten - they must be pooping out an earlier meal to make room for the new one. :oops::lol::lol:

when alvin has had a gut stop it can take up to 8 hours to see poops from when he first starts to eat again.

Thanks for your replies ........ I was just wondering because I've noticed a few times that one of the buns sometimes produces smaller poops than the other ..... and I'm trying to see if its on the odd days that they only have 'baled hay' rather than 'posh hay' as well .... and that they're eating less of it!? Or if its just totally random! :?

i think its random :lol:

my pair do large and small poops during a 24hr period, id never be able to pinpoint what they ate :?

good luck tho if you can figure these bunnies out :D

Hmmm...one of mine does that - Lexi, my new bun. It seems to happen after she's been indoors having a play (she doesn't eat indoors, still a bit unknown and scary I guess so she's a bit nervous) or if she's spent the afternoon lolling about in the sun...I guess it's just after a period of not eating as much as normal.
It's a bit of a worry, but the vet seemed to think it should settle down soon, as she gets used to being around us and is less timid.

Back