• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So annoyed order arrived damaged!

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I had a delivery today for proplan cat food and allen and page pellets from gjwtitmus. The bags were all split open so i don't know how old the food is now so i daren't feed it to the buns or the kitties. They said they will partially refund me- should this be the case? I'd expect a full refund or return for damaged goods. What a rubbish service. I'm so annoyed. Is there anyone else i can buy allen and page distributers. It will be the last time i use them for the other goods i buy- i.e ecobed etc. There delivery charge is £7.00 per item anyway so i could do without that. Agrh..So annoyed!

Enquiries@gjwtitmuss.co.uk to
show details 14:39 (40 minutes ago)

Hi,
Many apologies, unfortunately goods can get damaged in transit, we do not despatch damaged goods to our customer's.
Our hessian sacks are strong and are rarely damaged however the inner bags are not and damage can sometimes occur.
We are happy to offer you a partial refund for any loss caused by the damage.
The Smartbedz litter will be delivered Monday/Tuesday as they were mis-sorted into the wrong depot by the courier.
Please advise, many thanks.

GJW Titmuss Ltd
01582 839114
www.gjwtitmuss.co.uk

What would you do?

Were all the items you received damaged? Maybe they mean they will refund the ones that have damage. So a partial refund out of the total bill?

I'm sure there's a consumer law stating you have the right to return any goods ordered online/mail order within 14 days anyway regardless of if there's anythign wrong with them or not...and it has to be postage free too, I just remember some scandal about Next last year as they charged people for returns and they got told that wasn't allowed...I'd insist the goods are unwanted and that you wish to return them and receive a full refund.

I'll see if i can find that law....

I would demand a full refund myself, but I am pushy in such matters :oops:

I usually do- i thought it's cheeky offering part refund when i've offered "full money" to them for the goods. I would charge it back, but it's on debit card :( They can just say no too.

Were all the items you received damaged? Maybe they mean they will refund the ones that have damage. So a partial refund out of the total bill?

Ah yes if they just refund for the two items that would be fine. I forgot i bought ecobed and cat litter too. That will make up the total. It just wasn't clear. She should have put that in the email. Abit to angry to think straight lol. Thanks for pointing that logic out :) xx

I'm sure there's a consumer law stating you have the right to return any goods ordered online/mail order within 14 days anyway regardless of if there's anythign wrong with them or not...and it has to be postage free too, I just remember some scandal about Next last year as they charged people for returns and they got told that wasn't allowed...I'd insist the goods are unwanted and that you wish to return them and receive a full refund.

Distance selling regulations! :wave:

That's good. I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know xx

I wouldnt have accepted the delivery.If they are saying they dont despatch split bags then wasnt it down to the courier???

I wouldnt have accepted the delivery.If they are saying they dont despatch split bags then wasnt it down to the courier???

Yes but the bags were in hessian sacks so you can't see if they were damaged inside unfortunately :( next time will make the driver wait whilst i cut them open to check :)

And just found this on the FAQ on ebay, i know you didn't order off ebay bit it's the same principle i think.

Do I have to replace or refund an item that gets lost or damaged in the post?
When a business sells an item to a consumer, the default position is that any loss or damage to the item that occurs in transit is the responsibility of the business. This means that you are likely to be required to replace items lost or damaged in the post.
Most eBay business sellers choose to replace lost and damaged items as a matter of course, using insured postage services where cost effective. However, if you'd like to know the precise legal position on loss and damage in transit as it relates to your business, we recommend you seek advice from a lawyer, Consumer Direct or similar professional.

And just found this on the FAQ on ebay, i know you didn't order off ebay bit it's the same principle i think.

Do I have to replace or refund an item that gets lost or damaged in the post?
When a business sells an item to a consumer, the default position is that any loss or damage to the item that occurs in transit is the responsibility of the business. This means that you are likely to be required to replace items lost or damaged in the post.
Most eBay business sellers choose to replace lost and damaged items as a matter of course, using insured postage services where cost effective. However, if you'd like to know the precise legal position on loss and damage in transit as it relates to your business, we recommend you seek advice from a lawyer, Consumer Direct or similar professional.

Thanks alot :) x

Back