• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grinding teeth

Candiflare

Mama Doe
In your opinion, if a bun is grinding teeth, is it usually the same part of the body that's in pain?

Billy won't stop grinding his teeth today... but he's nomming hay, pooing, bouncing around, but just constantly grinding loudly :(

its that or hes really happy :? Mae does it when she is just settling down to have a nap so I assume she is content :?

Depends, i think its quite easy to detemrine the difference between Gingers tooth purring (which is VERY loud) and her grinding her teeth, which she has done when in pain before. For her, it was just pre-stasis.

I guess each bun would be different though?

I'd never heard a rabbit grind teeth before, but Penny started doing it and the vet said it was because she was in pain (not tooth related) and prescribed pain killers.

For her it was the first outward sign of something serious, so I'd definitely keep an eye on him.

You're the one who knows your bunny best, so if there's any other symptoms it might be worth having him checked over just in case.

Hope all is ok.

Back