• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tululah Bunny - Not Bladder Stone but a Tumour

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Tululah went into for her op this morning subject to an initial scan to confirm the light areas on the xrays earlier in the week. The scan reveals no stone (other than in both her kidneys) and no sludge (which fits with clear wee and no calcium deposit). He wee has had off the scale levels of blood - the cause now known to be a tumour.

So with guidance from the vet we have decided to give high level pain relief and see if this gives her any quality of life back. If it does in the very short term, we'll carry on and see how we go; if it doesn't we have to make a very tough decision.

Going to collect her in a moment - at least she's coming home - I wasn't sure she would survive a surgery even in the best veterinarian hands.

Oh Helen :( I'm so sorry the news isn't better for Tululah. I do hope that some decent pain relief can continue to give her some good quality of life for a while longer xxx

Poor Tululah. :( Did they check for tumours elsewhere in her body?

Apart from all of the other things going on with her Gisela, like stones, oesteopaenia, calcified tendons and arthritis in her joints, nothing else has come to light.

I wouldn't put her through chemo and if the pain relief makes her brighter, then that will do for now.

So sorry you didn't get better news :( fingers and toes crossed that pain relief can do its stuff for her

Apart from all of the other things going on with her Gisela, like stones, oesteopaenia, calcified tendons and arthritis in her joints, nothing else has come to light.

I wouldn't put her through chemo and if the pain relief makes her brighter, then that will do for now.

Sorry to hear this Helen :( Sounds like you're giving her the best options there are for her. Hope the pain relief helps her xxx

Back