• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've locked the buns in the shed...nightmare

Candiflare

Mama Doe
My shed is super duper protected and the buns are locked in there over night... I realised this morning that I had locked my keys inside the shed and I couldn't get to them.

I was looking through the windows at them and they were freaking out, scrabbling about because they're used to the sound of me unlocking it rather than just appearing at the window. :cry:

I called a locksmith and apparently it's going to cost £100. I resolved to pay it then found out that they "don't do padlocks." :roll:

So I have had to get someone in the village over to break the padlocks, and if that doesn't work, kick the door down.

My poor babies :cry::cry::cry:

Oh dear, sorry to hear that, it's easily done. We have two sets of keys so hopefully won't happen to us. You could buy or borrow a pair of bolt cutters - that might be a cheaper option.

May I suggest bolt cutters.Buy a new padlock and keep spare keys.....
Really hope buns are ok.xxxx

Oh that's a good idea about unscrewing the bolt...

Unalakey... there are windows but they're not the kind you can open... they're sort of stuck on to the shed and you'd have to smash the glass to get through...

Hope you get in! I second the screwdriver idea.

Thank god I have no lock on my shed...I'd lose the keys in no time! :lol:

Dont panic Kate, they have food and water and are not going to die if their schedule is a little off. You may though:lol:

Do you want me to come over and see if I can help?

My son kept using his lock (with only one key) and then we were buggered when it froze and snapped off in the lock.

Unscrewing the lock may not be possible, if the screws are hidden for security reasons, but they may not be. Can you see screws?

Dont panic Kate, they have food and water and are not going to die if their schedule is a little off. You may though:lol:

Do you want me to come over and see if I can help?

My son kept using his lock (with only one key) and then we were buggered when it froze and snapped off in the lock.

Unscrewing the lock may not be possible, if the screws are hidden for security reasons, but they may not be. Can you see screws?

Thanks Lorraine! I have my friend coming round at 1.15pm with a screwdriver and a hammer! I think he will try both methods... if he can't unscrew the door and/or the bolts, he will hammer the padlocks off!

Thanks Lorraine! I have my friend coming round at 1.15pm with a screwdriver and a hammer! I think he will try both methods... if he can't unscrew the door and/or the bolts, he will hammer the padlocks off!

Okay. Good luck then. They will be fine.

Back