• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did a bunny experiment.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I'm wanting to have a threesome and might be adopting another bunny soon... :mrgreen:

But I was worried about how aggressive Smoo might be to another rabbit in her territory. My sister's rabbits are staying here for the weekend so I asked her to bring Dexter down because he's a little softy. She held him near the hutch where Smoo and Grim were dozing and snuggling and they didn't even notice him. So she brought him closer and Smoo leaned out of the hutch and sniffed him. That was it. Grim moved at bit and she sort of turned to look at him really quickly so she was obviously nervous that there was another unknown rabbit around and she had to make sure Grim was Grim, but there was no aggression! And Dexter was right by the hutch, her territory. My sister took him in and Smoo resumed cleaning and snuggling Grim. Experiment a success. :)

That sounds promising. :D

Even if she had been aggressive in her own territory though, that wouldn't have meant that a bonding wouldn't work. :) That's why there is the need for neutral territory etc when bonding because bunnies would naturally want to get rid of an intruder on 'their patch'. ;)

That sounds promising. :D

Even if she had been aggressive in her own territory though, that wouldn't have meant that a bonding wouldn't work. :) That's why there is the need for neutral territory etc when bonding because bunnies would naturally want to get rid of an intruder on 'their patch'. ;)

:thumb:

Introductions on non-neutral territory give zero idea about how they'd act on neutral territory.

Biscuit attacked Ginger through the pen panel bars in our living room 3 days after she arrived. He was really aggressive and was growling.

In neutral territory, they got on like a house on fire, zero aggression :)

I know, I know. And she only attacked Grim when he humped her...

But it's made me more positive. :lol:

Back