• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Fifty Year Old Teddy Bear Has Had...........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
............something of a makeover !!

1965 (I had had him for 4 years by then)

001-49.jpg

001-35.jpg

Tonight

017-36.jpg

All materials for the makeover came from a local charity shop and cost less than £2 in total, including the little lavender bag that is on a ribbon around his neck :)

Wow ... very impressed. I'd like to refurbish my Percy Penguin a bit, but he really is so fragile and I'm not handy with a needle. :oops:

That isnt the same bear?? :( Why did you change him? I have a bear I have had all my life, I would never change how he looks, although he has been sewn and restuffed a few times..... and given a new nose after my bro bit his off.

What motivated this revamp?

Awww love that photo of you as a little girl. Teddy looks HUGE there.

Great job, do you miss the look of old Teddy ?

So sorry Jane, should have said, do you like the new look of Teddy.

I feel so bad now.:(

Last edited:
I think you've done a great job! Looks very professional! I reckon you can get many more years of cuddles out of him now without worrying about him falling apart! :)

I personally love my old holey bear, so I wouldn't do that, but well done, you've really put a lot of work into him!

My oldest bunny has 3 layers of 'fur' - I hugged him so much as a child that mum kept putting a new layer on him :lol:

I liked it when each new layer cot worn enough to poke my finger through the seam to feel the older layers :oops::lol:

I think you did a great job there, Jane. He's still the same bear inside, but will be less delicate for hugging now :D

I think he looks great, he definatly needed some cosmetic surgery and you've done a fab job on him! You're very talented :) You will get alot more years out of him now too!

Back