• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bowls vs bottles post dental

willowflower27

Mama Doe
What are peoples thoughts on this ny friend took her bun in for a dental to a local vet who only provided a bowl post dental due to his sore mouth. The bun in question has NEVER used a bowl and apparently ended up not drinking and being handed back to my friend sopping wet as he tipped it over
What's everyone's thoughts on this I understand the reasoning behind it but surely it depends in what bun is used to?

I'm not sure where dental buns are concerned, I do know that Peanut drank from a small bowl the day of her spay op as she didn't have to stretch up to the bottle, when she was a bit more active the next day she did tip it over so I removed it but she was ok with the bottle after that.

I suppose it may depend on what the vets normally use when a bun is admitted, I've never thought to ask this before, so it's a very good point to bring up.

Luckily Peanut's instinct kicked in and she drank from the bowl even though she'd never had one before but if a bun wasn't used to a bowl then maybe it's worth mentioning this to the vets when people take them in for whatever reason.

Back