• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Anyone help? (Stray Bunny)

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Mods please move if required :wave:

My cousin is a vet nurse and has contacted me as they have a white rew lionhead bunny who came in as a stray to their vets, and has been there three weeks but nobody has come forward.

This is in Essex. He can be neutered and vaccinated prior to going anyway but the surgery wont pay for it unfortunately. Not sure what their prices are have asked my cousin.

They cannot keep him much longer and nowhere has space for him unfortunately :(

Oh I wish I could help but I have the two babies at the moment :(

Its awkward, I could technically take him and squeeze him in I have a spare Thistle Hall, but he would need to be gone by the 20th of April because I am having surgery and mum will be taking over bun duty then.

But then I cant afford him, I could pay for his food and hay etc, no worries there but I dont have the money for his vaccines etc. So annoying.

If a rescue could have him I could foster and vaccinate and maybe neuter depending on time - and then he could travel to a rescue via some sort of bun run before the 20th :?:?
oh i dont know :lol:

I think the vet surgery is trying it on. Not everything is about money and they really should offer to vaccinate and neuter if a rescue can take him.

I think the vet surgery is trying it on. Not everything is about money and they really should offer to vaccinate and neuter if a rescue can take him.

Theyre not trying it on, my cousin works there and they wouldnt do that, when i am trying to help. They should offer, but they havent i agree. But theyre not trying to be sneaky, thats just their rules. they get ALOT of stray animals in and just cant afford to it all the time.

Thanks for all the offers of help:wave:

If the bun could be got somewhere south on the M25-ish i could probably transport to Eastbourne. Its an hour from me so not a huge distance (Im in Crawley).

Don't know if this helps much but the offer is there if needed :)

if my offer is taken up for this bunny to come here if the vets can neuter him before he comes that would be great and ill pay for it

if my offer is taken up for this bunny to come here if the vets can neuter him before he comes that would be great and ill pay for it

If this happened I have a spare hutch where he could stay until like 10th April so we have flexibility with the dates? then we have a few weeks where people can offer to do a bun run etc? what do you think? I know the neuter is around £50, I will say he is going into a rescue in case they offer to do a bit cheaper but they dont seem that kind of surgery unfortunately. :(

x

Back