• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does this look ok?

breeze

Mama Doe
well iv finally finished the coop and run.put all their stuff inside and let them in.they loved it :D lil dude was running around like no tomorrow.bless.is the run big enough?
IMG01258-20110324-1646.jpg

IMG01259-20110324-1647.jpg

IMG01261-20110324-1647.jpg

Hey It looks great.
I think the run is big enough :D
But I don't think its strong enough, chicken wire is easy to break through by predators, squared mesh is stronger :wave:

:wave: As well as going for stronger wire, have you protected the base? It doesn't take long for predators to dig in or buns to dig out.

yeah its quite deep under the ground as it was originally for hens.the mesh does need repllacing but kinda knackered now :lol: i just wanted get them outside.woulld you lock them up at night?what do people do when it rains?

Definitely lock them up at night! I think some people have had foxes trying to get into the shed at night so use extra precautions. As for the rain most people let them decide if they want to be out in the rain by using a cat flap.

theres the drop door which has a lock on one side which you cant see.will lock them up at night.may invest in a plastic sheet or something stop them getting wet :oops:

Back