• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lots of bunnys going in to the vets..

Ambience

Warren Veteran
This is going to be the expensive season for me.

I have to redo all my mixi and vhd jabs for the buns.

I have 2 buns going in for fur clipping and clean up tomorrow possibly under general, 1 for dental under general and one for a general health check+ 4 mixi jabs.

Then on Monday I've got 2 more dental buns going under general for spurs and 1 more possibly going under for incisor removal again after it failed last time, 4 mixi jabs 2 healthchecks.

I hear back from the charities commission at the beginning of April if they will accept the rescue for charitable status. Hopefully all will go well and i can start doing some fund raising to help cover some of the costs. I think this month is going to be an expensive month.

Anyways back to cleaning the indoor buns. It was such a lovely day today outside doing the bunnies. Any vibes for the buns that are going in tommorow would be appreciated, Thankyou x

A bit late but vibes for all of the bunnies. I hope they got on ok. xx

Thanks they are in now. Smudge is having his incisors removed and spurs filed down too so he isn't going to be a happy bunny. He is a aggressive frightened bunny so he lunges at you when you go to pick him up or do anything with him, feed him etc so hope the vets are getting on okay. They are absolutely great though.

Will be nice to have them all back again. Will keep you posted on how it went. I'm abit nervous about them today for some reason xx

Awww they will be fine. I know how stressfull it is for owners and buns though, when they go for procedures.

Awww they will be fine. I know how stressfull it is for owners and buns though, when they go for procedures.

Don't know why just have an odd feeling today. I'm sure everything will be fine. Just nervous about having so many in at once under general.
Thanks alot for the vibes xxx

Loads of GA vibes and toothy get better vibes and fur cutting vibes and nothing else to go wrong vibes!

Loads of GA vibes and toothy get better vibes and fur cutting vibes and nothing else to go wrong vibes!

Thanks Graham,

It's just occurred to me i ought to put some cash in my bank account- god knows how much this trip is going to cost me. Such a guess as they make it up as they go along vets :) xx

Thanks Graham,

It's just occurred to me i ought to put some cash in my bank account- god knows how much this trip is going to cost me. Such a guess as they make it up as they go along vets :) xx

Probably worthwhile. Mines empty until payday :(

Hopefully no more poorly bunnys for either of us eh?

Wow :shock: That's alot of trips to the vet.

Hope all goes well for everybun!

xxx

Thanks Allie :)

Yes Graham lets hope not, my bank is empty too at the moment :) , i don't get any money until the beginning of next month so I'm having to dip into savings to pay all this.

It was money for the new shed, but they can't wait with things like this to see a vet as even a week and molar spurs can do damage and things like cleaning up, it's better it's done sooner rather than later.

They said they are all okay and i can collect at four. Some are still sleepy. Phew, was really worried for a moment there. I never really seem to have problems when i get them home so hopefully they will be okay now.

Right then off to prepare a nice bunny salad for them.
Speak later xxx

Back