• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bunny vet in colchester area (essex)

rabbitmum

Mama Doe
:wave: all.... sorry i havent been on here recently:oops:...
my aunt and uncle have just lost their 4yo male (n) :cry: he went into the vets to have a tear duct cleaned out and has died after the op:? he was perfectly healthy, jabbed etc....this is the second bun they have lost at this vets:roll:
please help me find them a vet that knows about buns.....
they live in the elmstead market area near to colchester , the vet was in colchester.
thanks for any suggestions...they are both devoted to their buns and have always had at least one:love: they keep them in the conservatory but they have free reign of the downstairs of the house when they are home:love:
they are truly loved buns and my uncle is devastated:cry:
thanks, kellie

Aww thats a shame..
I would also like to know of any good bunny vets in colchester ... My closest are P@H and colne valley .. Im a new bunny mummy so not sure who is good or not.

I'm sorry for what's happened. Its possible it has been hugely unlucky and not the vets fault, but equally, there could have been different things the vets could have done.

I have been let down by a vets practice and so did have to go out and seek a different practice.

I use Orwell Vets in Ipswich (Ipswich is one town along from Colchester). I see either Charles or Katherine and would only feel comfortable suggesting those (you can ask to see a specific vet when you call up and book an appointment). I have not met three of the new vets, so can't comment on them, and the other vets are less rabbit knowledgable. My vet, and also a vet nurse, have been nominated for a national award this year as well http://www.petplan.co.uk/vetawards/ which might also show your uncle they are good.

http://www.orwellvets.co.uk/ They also have a Branch called Perfect Pet Care which would be easily accessible from Colchester. http://www.perfectpetcare.co.uk/

thanks so much for the replies:D....it just sounds odd that it was a straight forward op ....it was the second bun they lost at that vets and he was so healthy:?....i wonder if they used the wrong gas or did something else:?

Back