• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny/Human bonding/trust advice please.

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Its not long now until the bunnies go back outside and I'd like to ensure that my bond with them is as strong as possible (because I'm worried it may break down a little once they're back outside).

Currently both Dizzi and Rascal will come to me whenever I call them.

When I come home from work and go see them they get giddy and binky all over the place.

When they're in the right mood, they love a good fuss and both do that 'purring' thing showing they're content.

Dizzi sometimes has a bit of sleep in her eye and has no problem with me faffing around and getting it out for her.

They both HATE being picked up so I only do this when necessary and straight afterwards, they're still my 'friend' (unless I groom them, which they also dislike a lot - then they'll be very wary of me for an hour or so).

Dizzi is still very skittish and seems a bit nervous of me even though when she's having a fuss I could do anything to her and she'd let me (as long as all her paws are on the ground).

So is there any way that I can improve my bond with them before they go out??

Any way I can ensure that Dizzi isn't quite so nervous (every noise seems to unnerve her) and gain her trust a bit more??

I'm absolutely delighted that they've come as far as they have, before bringing them in for the winter, they didn't even like me touching them, never mind fussing them for hours on end!! So I'm really wary of the bond breaking down again.

Wow, that was a bit epic!! :lol:

Thanks in advance for any advice etc.

Jo x

I found that when I had a bunny by herself,she loved me, but now she has Roland,Im out the window!!! (except when shes at the vets...its "Mummy,Help" when there).
I think you have a fabulous bond with your two,I wouldnt worry.xxx

mine are going back out soon.

i go sit out with mine a lot. i just take a book, sit in the shed and watch them play and let them come to me on their own terms.
i'd like to think they enjoy me being there, they seem happy and climb on me and demand attention.

but as much as they do like to see me but i'm afraid my bond with outdoor buns has never been as strong as it is when they are indoors.
i think they are with you so much they just accept you as part of the gang!

Thanks for your replies - really appreciated!:D

I'm going to try and spend as much time as I can with them when they go back out ..... its just going to be so different as I'm now so used to them just being 'there'!!

They sleep on the landing outside our bedroom door at night and if I get up for the loo ..... I'm always gone for about 15 mins cos I'm too busy fussing them to go back to bed (and then I lie there wide awake, but that's a whole different story! lol)!

I suppose I should just try and spend as much time with them as I can now as well, so they're totally comfortable with me being around!

Back