• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Herb Garden *updated Pics

sidney &lola

Mama Doe
Just started on Lola and SiDney's herb garden,

SiDney decided to inspect my handiwork
DSC00990.jpg

He got a bit carried away!! and started munching!!
DSC00992.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

Last edited:
i wish I had the room, that looks lush

Its only a tiny balcony (looks bigger in pics) so can just get a few planters on. I was going to grow from seed - but they were really weedy and i'm really impatient, so got some ready grown from a plant shop:lol:

Oooh looks good ..... and Sidney obviously approves! :D

I haven't even started mine off from seed yet (I'm a bit late this year). Our garden is paved so I do all mine in planters too.

Hopefully mine will get off to a good start now I know about the secret weapon (bunny poop ....... its the future)! :lol:

Which herbs have you planted? I was going to make one but thought I would probably only last 10 mins :lol:

Which herbs have you planted? I was going to make one but thought I would probably only last 10 mins :lol:

I had parsley and mint that has regrown from last year, And planted basil, thyme, rosemary, coriander - (reduced pot from tesco) and mint. At this rate I don't think it will last long as each time SiDney goes outside he munches some!!

Planted more herbs today, More mint and some sage.
Found some old ceramic pots to break up the planters. Just took now it does look better in daylight :lol::lol:
DSC01033.jpg

Also went to TK maxx and saw this sad looking bun in the easter section only £7.99 (It is supposed to look battered)
DSC01030.jpg

I likey! So did you just buy the potted ones you can buy in the supermarket? Why didnt i think of that!? I wouldnt know when i need to replant them though, how and when do you harvest them and do they just continue to grow after youve cut them?

...and how does the bunny poo work? Do you just mix it in the soil before planting? Or just sprinkle some on top :oops::lol::lol::lol:

Im not green fingered in the slightest! :roll:

I likey! So did you just buy the potted ones you can buy in the supermarket? Why didnt i think of that!? I wouldnt know when i need to replant them though, how and when do you harvest them and do they just continue to grow after youve cut them?

I got the ones in the 'pot' pots in homebase 2.98 each and the thyme in the planters also the rather straggly looking basil in the planter and the mint in the planter were both from tesco in the herb section - reduced, but SiDney has munched most of those already- and i just thought they have 2 chances!
:lol::lol: they grow back as soon as you cut them - as long as you don't cut too much!

I got the ones in the 'pot' pots in homebase 2.98 each and the thyme in the planters also the rather straggly looking basil in the planter and the mint in the planter were both from tesco in the herb section - reduced, but SiDney has munched most of those already- and i just thought they have 2 chances!
:lol::lol: they grow back as soon as you cut them - as long as you don't cut too much!

:oops: Okie Doke

... and what about the bunny poop? :lol:

...and how does the bunny poo work? Do you just mix it in the soil before planting? Or just sprinkle some on top

I just mix poops with the compost as only have a balcony, but my Grandad used to have a huge water butt and he would chuck it in there, (Everything hay /food/poops) let it rain in it and give it a good stir every now and then ( you can imagine the smell) and after about a year used it as liquid fertiliser.

...and how does the bunny poo work? Do you just mix it in the soil before planting? Or just sprinkle some on top

I just mix poops with the compost as only have a balcony, but my Grandad used to have a huge water butt and he would chuck it in there, (Everything hay /food/poops) let it rain in it and give it a good stir every now and then ( you can imagine the smell) and after about a year used it as liquid fertiliser.

Thats a good idea, id love to get gardening, have my own compost heap and water but to catch all the rain water, but mum only does her garden in summer, the rest of the year it looks awful :lol: We have a lady accross the road who does all of the trees and planters down out road, im too shy to ask her to teach me. She brings veg and apple twigs for the bunnies :love:

I got some pots of herbs from the super market to put outside and I think they've lasted about a week. :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Back