• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday dilemma :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Me and my OH are planning a hol in September. He says a week isn't long enough as he's just starting to chill out at the end of the first week :roll: I don't want to spend more than a week away from the buns as I'll be worried sick about them the whole time! My OH said I can fly home after a week and he can stay another week! I think that's really mean :( I don't know what to do. :(

Who are they staying with? If you trust them to look after them for one week then you should be able to trust them for the second week.

Try not to worry about them! They'll be fine!

My uncle looks after my pets if I go on holiday, so I know they are well looked after. To be honest I don't think my lot care if I am there or not as long as they get their food :lol:
How about a holiday in the UK, you can take the buns with you then.

Who are they staying with? If you trust them to look after them for one week then you should be able to trust them for the second week.

Try not to worry about them! They'll be fine!

I'm not sure what's going to happen yet :( the plan was to take them to my parents house and leave them there, but it's an hour away and Honey is terrified travelling. Also they now have a whole room to themselves at home and I think they'd have to be penned in at my mums, which they won't be happy about at all! I would really like my parents to come and stay at ours to look after them, but my mum works part time and she can't drive, so I'm just in a bit of turmoil really! :?

My uncle looks after my pets if I go on holiday, so I know they are well looked after. To be honest I don't think my lot care if I am there or not as long as they get their food :lol:
How about a holiday in the UK, you can take the buns with you then.

My OH wants sun, so do I really :? Where could we take the buns though, for future reference??

You could take them to a boarding place, or even get a petsitter, who would look after them at your house.

The longest I have been away from my buns is three weeks. As long as they are with someone you trust who has all the details of their vets and access to funds then there should be no difference to when you are around (well based on me working 5 days a week 7.30-5). That's the way I see it and I probably spend a lot more time with my buns than a lot of people who have outdoor buns. ;)

Me and my OH are planning a hol in September. He says a week isn't long enough as he's just starting to chill out at the end of the first week :roll: I don't want to spend more than a week away from the buns as I'll be worried sick about them the whole time! My OH said I can fly home after a week and he can stay another week! I think that's really mean :( I don't know what to do. :(

would he be paying for the extra week himself? Not sure how it's mean..you don't want to go for 2 weeks he does. Is it not equally mean to only let him have s weeks hol?

would he be paying for the extra week himself? Not sure how it's mean..you don't want to go for 2 weeks he does. Is it not equally mean to only let him have s weeks hol?

Well holidays should be together as we don't have much time together When we're working. We could have 2 weeks off work, go away for a week and spend the other week having nice days out places. I think we are going to compromise and have 10 days, I need to speak to a few people about the buns first though.

Find someone you trust and then go for two weeks and try not to worry!
Pets should be a pleasure and not a burden. :)

my bun went into boarding at bunnyhops last year, was going to again thsi year but now don;t have to as im going away with nan/grandad, so mum and dad will be home with strict instructions on my 2, dad thinks he has best job as he said he has to be the one to give carrots, then they will love him more :lol:

They are always a pleasure, I would just miss them so much and worry in case one got ill! :?

But don't let it come between you and your OH. I know exactly how you feel about leaving them. I take my rabbits with me when I go away and I miss all my other pets sooo much. But if you know they will be very well cared for you can give all the attention you usually give them to your OH and you'll make him happy. :)

But don't let it come between you and your OH. I know exactly how you feel about leaving them. I take my rabbits with me when I go away and I miss all my other pets sooo much. But if you know they will be very well cared for you can give all the attention you usually give them to your OH and you'll make him happy. :)

I know you're right :oops: I just need to make sure Everything's organised properly to minimise my worrying! I'll probably have a couple of different people looking after them, so that's 2 lots of instructions to give out...

Go for 2 weeks in one go so that you spend all your spare cash then cannot go away again for ages and ages :lol::lol:

There are lots of good boarding places though and we all deserve a break. I do know what he means, a week goes too fast and it generally works out much cheaper to go on 1 2 week break rather than 2 1 week breaks.

I know what you mean though, no one will possibly look after them like you do.

Back