• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really proud of myself :D

Starlight

Warren Veteran
A client come in yesterday who asked if she needed to vaccinate her rabbit as she had wildies in her garden.

She came in for vacc (she spoke to the other receptionist) and when she came to reception, I asked if she needed another appointment. She said yes, in 6 months time.

So I asked if he was VHD vacced, to which she replied no, and was intrigued. So I explained it is known as the silent killer and is fatal with no treatment available and the disease happens so quick, you would not realise until unfortunately you find bunny passed away. Oh and that you can walk it into your home if you walk through an infected area.

She is now booked in for 2 weeks time :D

Bunny lives with 3 guinea pigs, so I am going to ask the vet if I can bring in some RWA leaflets to leave for her, so she can read about own species companionship and other things.

Also, on my first day, the vet asked me to come into consult, where she introduced me to the client as their new rabbit expert and asked my opinion on a bunny as to how much I thought she needed to lose through dieting. I also gave her the link to this forum, so if she has any queries, she can join up. :D

It is my fourth day of my trial/training week today, and I am loving it!

Well done you for 'spreading the word'. :D:D:D It's nice to know that the vet is open to suggestions and advice too.

It really is great!

It is only a very small village practice (one vet, one nurse, two receptionists- but normally only one there at a time) but I think that makes it better in a way, as you interact more etc

It is just over an hour away (two buses and a 20 minute walk) but I find myself looking forward to it every day! Even though the early shift means I am up at 6am to leave at 6:40 to get there for 8:15!

That is so great: you are able to pursue your interests in your work time.

It sounds as if you are already a very valued member of staff and I really hope for all concerned that you will be able to stay on permanently after your trial.

Just think, you have potentially saved that bunny's life :) and he may now even eventually get a bunny friend too! Maybe ask the vet if you can have some RWAF leaflets out for anyone to take? He sounds like he really respects your opinion :)

Back