• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My pond this morning (froggy video)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
The light is not great unfortunately, but you can see that all the frogs in a 5 mile radius have descended on my pond and are having a party :shock::shock:

I switched the electricity off so you would only hear frogs croaking and not running water, then we got an aeroplane instead :roll:

Anybody care to count them? More to the point, count their off-spring :shock::shock::shock: *gulp*

:shock: Oh my, it's a froggy love-fest. :lol::lol::lol:

Look at all that frog spawn. :shock::shock:

That's crazy!! :shock: Do you go out and buy frogs specially for your pond or what?! :lol: I've never seen so many adults all together like that. How do they get out with the steep sides and the chicken wire?

Gross and wonderful at the same time :lol:

I love the frogs when they're about the size of a 50p piece; they're soooo cute.

And then they grow up; not remotely cute.

Great stuff, after the harsh winter we've had it's good to see!:D We have one mating pair-and he's clinging to her like nothing!!

Last edited:
That's crazy!! :shock: Do you go out and buy frogs specially for your pond or what?! :lol: I've never seen so many adults all together like that. How do they get out with the steep sides and the chicken wire?
No, all uninvited guests - they just turn up. When I built the pond I built it to the best design for the fishes but I didn’t think the wildlife would manage the sides so I built them a wildlife pond, which they don’t use as they prefer use the fish pond. The netting (kind of knitted nylon) is pegged round the edges so they can obviously just duck under it - but how they manage to get in an out is a mystery to me :shock:

Look at all that frog spawn. :shock::shock:

Is that ALL frogspawn?!
What are you going to do with all those frogs lol and dont say send them to france :roll::lol:

It’s like this every flippin year. I can’t leave all the frogspawn in as there’s just far too much of it. In theory goldfish will eat it but I worry about them getting trapped in it (I have found dead baby fishes in the past that must have got caught in masses of it :cry:). What is seen there is just a small proportion of it, some will have sunk. I usually fill several buckets with the stuff. I find places locally where hopefully they will thrive and ‘distribute’ it.

Great stuff, after the harsh winter we've had it's good to see!:D We have one mating pair-and he's clinging to her like nothing!!

Yes, I’d not thought about that. It is brilliant that they could survive such cold temperatures. The fish seem to have done really well too, even the teeny weeny ones.

I usually fill several buckets with the stuff. I find places locally where hopefully they will thrive and ‘distribute’ it.

I now have visions of you in the dead of night, dressed all in black and with a balaclava on your head..... sneaking into the neighbours' gardens to fill up their ponds with frogspawn. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I now have visions of you in the dead of night, dressed all in black and with a balaclava on your head..... sneaking into the neighbour's gardens to fill up their ponds with frogspawn. :lol::lol::lol:

As if :roll: How ridiculous ;)

This is why when people leave a mug of water by the back door and find frog spawn in it the next day are bewildered as they didn't even know they had frogs. :lol::lol::lol:

The head torch is a godsend :p

I now have visions of you in the dead of night, dressed all in black and with a balaclava on your head..... sneaking into the neighbour's gardens to fill up their ponds with frogspawn. :lol::lol::lol:

I was about to comment that the O/P is very kind, until I read this and just wet my pants laughing. :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As if :roll: How ridiculous ;)

This is why when people leave a mug of water by the back door and find frog spawn in it the next day are bewildered as they didn't even know they had frogs. :lol::lol::lol:

The head torch is a godsend :p

:lol::lol::lol:

Back