• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Collecting Contis tomorrow. Advice for settling them in.

twisted_angel

Warren Scout
I am collecting them tomorrow and wondered what you would all advise to help them settle in.

I was thinking maybe i should keep interaction and handling etc to a bare minimum for few days but I have booked them into the vets for sunday as i am worried about the females ear mites and want to get her treatment asap.

Any advice or tips for settling them in.

Cheers.

Hiya. Well done you for taking them on. :D I don't know much about rescue rabbits, but I'd definitely keep them quiet for the first few days. Make sure they've got boxes and things to hide in. Even if they're going to be free range house rabbits eventually, I'd keep them confined to one area until they're used to it, so they feel they have a secure 'base' to retreat to. I also wouldn't handle them more than necessary the first week, but spend plenty of time sitting on the floor and hand feeding them, and stroke them when they come to say hello. Tempting as it might be I'd also hold back from inviting visitors round to see them until they're really settled in. Keep us updated!

Back